GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
81 c10 350 engine. Stalls and starts then is hard to start. New ignition module, clean rotor/distributer cap. New fuel pump/filter electric. New fuel filter. Truck sat from 2007 till now. Put techron/gumout and atf in tank lhs and it ran a little longer. full pump pushes very small amounts of fuel to carb. it actually comes closes to stop sending fuel it dribbles through line. It was doing the same thing but worse with the old pump, so um guess the pump is not the only culprit. some say a collapsed line, bad sending unit, bent feul float, bad fuel pump, change spark plugs, and vacuum leak. well um no mechanic so um about to take it to one so any thoughts before i spend the real money

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
My buddies hard line between the cab and bed rubbed thru caused an airleak. I would check the hardlines for damage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok did some checking don't know if it relevent my stock pump mechanical has 7.5 to 9 psi. My electric pump is 1 to 5 psi. so um no rocket science but i think that may have something to due with the reason after the engine stops the vacuum of pressure sucks the fuel in. I have a spectra universal pump. Um wondering if switching back to a mechanical pump will fix this problem. Just a thought what do you guys think, is my thought relevant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well re installed my pressure regulater and switched tanks and it ran smooth, i even grinded the pump contact point. still four minutes later she still died.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same problem guys what is the needed psi for the fuel pump to continuously pump as my fuel line has a small hole in it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts