GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the exo-cage on it getting ready for the Toyota Jamborie at the Hammers in a couple weeks. Few pics:

This is a pic of the halo since you can't see it in any other pics:

Just after paint:

Flares cut and installed:

Side shot:

Front:

Also got the rear axle centered and aligned. Tomorrow morning I need to put new front brake lines on it since I pinched the old ones shut when they were not zip tied out of the way. Then I just need to pick up the steel for the full udner frame skid and thats about it...

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
just out of curiosity why did you do an exo cage instead of a internal cab cage tied into your bed cage

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because the truck WILL roll in about 2 weeks at the hammers, it's just a common thing out there... Internal cages are made to work 1 time. Exo cages allow you to roll multiple times. I want to save the sheet metal as much as I can and the exo is tied into the bed cage. Also, as soon as my tube order arrives my inner cage goes in which will tie to the exo through the body.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
WTF Jason im dissapointed! Wheres all the bulletproof replacements for the sheet metal? Its not a true rock crawler unless we can shoot it with a 30 aut 6 if we are bored :head:

On a seriouse note that thing kicks ass

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Very nice. Kinda creepy, this weekend I was bored and I started to design an exocage for my truck, it looks very similar other than it uses my front bumper that I already have and incorperates more of a roof rack for a spare tire and lights. Ill borrow my roomates scanner and upload the sketches and blueprints I made. Its not something that will go into play for a very very long time (2+ years is my guess) but it was fun to design.

·
Registered
832 Posts
That look sweet...heres the one thing i dont get tho....

The middle of the front...that comes out at an angle.

I see this alot on rockcrawlers but ive never understood what the actual purpose is.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eisenfaust said:
That look sweet...heres the one thing i dont get tho....

The middle of the front...that comes out at an angle.

I see this alot on rockcrawlers but ive never understood what the actual purpose is.
It serves a few purposes. If your dropping down a large ledge with the chance of flopping over forwards endo style, it will stop the progress. Also when flopping over onto the roof, it protect the hood and core support since it will be the point resting on the ground.

·
Fuckin whore
60 Posts
sweet, looks like she's all but ready to be 'wheeled hardcore. Awesome welding an paint job too! Keep us updated on the belly pans!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts