GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys need help on my 06 gmc z 71. Its got a 3 inch lift and recently got it aligned and got power slot rotors and hawk pads, so when i brake the truck stops in a straight line. on the road however it pulls to the left. I don't get any weird noises or problems from the steering, got the intermediate shaft replaced about 3 yrs ago. could it be that the alignment needs adjustment. thats for the help.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
A lot of times they won't adjust caster because it's not a tire wear factor, but when it's out a lot it can cause problems like this. Caster usually is the least of your worries.

It could be toe though, who knows.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Here's another thought. Are you a bigger guy? If your bars are a Lil tired and your a big guy 200 plus pounds and a full tank of gas is more than enough to change your alignment. Just a thought

·
09silvy
926 Posts
Here's another thought. Are you a bigger guy? If your bars are a Lil tired and your a big guy 200 plus pounds and a full tank of gas is more than enough to change your alignment. Just a thought
hi are you tired of being over weight and causing wear and tear on your vehicle, give me a call at 555-get slim now... lol

doubt that but it would cause a lean, go get another alignment:imo

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
no it will cause a pull, we had to align a car when I used to work at firestone with someone sitting in the car because the lady brought it back 3 times saying it was pulling, then I went talked to her personally and saw that she was a big lady, then I got one of the other techs to sit in it while I did the alignment and all was good, and she never came back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
no it will cause a pull, we had to align a car when I used to work at firestone with someone sitting in the car because the lady brought it back 3 times saying it was pulling, then I went talked to her personally and saw that she was a big lady, then I got one of the other techs to sit in it while I did the alignment and all was good, and she never came back.
Only one? :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
the caliper bolts could be sticking also. that just happened to me a couple days ago. my damn brake pad was on fire when i pulled in the driveway lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
hey guys need help on my 06 gmc z 71. Its got a 3 inch lift and recently got it aligned and got power slot rotors and hawk pads, so when i brake the truck stops in a straight line. on the road however it pulls to the left. I don't get any weird noises or problems from the steering, got the intermediate shaft replaced about 3 yrs ago. could it be that the alignment needs adjustment. thats for the help.
the caliper bolts could be sticking also. that just happened to me a couple days ago. my damn brake pad was on fire when i pulled in the driveway lol
reading>you

·
Registered
409 Posts
you obviously never had this happen to you before. it will still stop in a strait line jackass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts