GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has an 08 ext cab, 4x4, Silverado and just installed 33" tires and raised the front 2". Now he says it shakes when he brakes. Could the computer be learning the new set up and the ABS system trying to recalibrate or something? Anybody else heard of this? Thanks guys, he said he going to the stealer tomorrow but I hope to get him a better answer so they don't BS him. Thanks guys.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
check the lugnuts and are the tires balanced?

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
new aftermarket wheels? he has to take the clips off the wheel studs, the wheels aren't sitting flush to the hub.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
new aftermarket wheels? he has to take the clips off the wheel studs, the wheels aren't sitting flush to the hub.
:word: That is immediately what I thought of

Quite common issue. You'll have these gold clips on the back drums to keep them in place during factory installation. The factory rims have slots to accommodate these, most aftermarket wheels do not. So they do not sit flush.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, he bought after market 18" rims and 33" tires. I will get him to check. He purchased the set up from Tire Kingdom and had them install. You would think they would know that. Thanks guys, he was worried.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
It could be

1. Alignment as he has raised the front

2. Wheel studs

3. Tires not balanced properly

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes, he bought after market 18" rims and 33" tires. I will get him to check. He purchased the set up from Tire Kingdom and had them install. You would think they would know that. Thanks guys, he was worried.

Don't give them that much credit.

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
it is the retaining clips. If only when braking, thats the problem. Given that it wasnt happening before with stock wheels

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New setup and started after install, no issues before.

·
Freak a leak
97 Posts
maybe his rotors are warped? cause mine will bounce every now and then when i stop only cause of my rotors being fucked up

·
Show Trucks R 4 Gays
478 Posts
No its not warped rotors its not fuckin unbalanced tires...blah blah blahh. Its the fuckin clips on the rear axle. Pull em and it will stop its a god dam no brainer.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys. That was it! Problem solved. This is why I like this forum. Somebody else has run into the same problem and learned from it. Peace!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts