GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure if this is the right spot to post this. But I have an OBS Chevy 2500 with a 6” lift. I’ve had this lift for years with no issues. But recently I’ve noticed while I drive it, it will start shaking in what feels like the front end. It also pulls every once in a while. I’ve tried narrowing it down and have noticed that it really doesn’t do it as bad until I hit the brakes. It wobbles pretty bad while on the brakes, and also after I get off of them. I’ve went over the whole front end and nothing seems worn out or out of place. Thanks!

·
The great white Canadian
1,491 Posts
Idler arm, pitman arm, tie rods, ball joints, CV shafts or wheel bearing. It's also possible a brake pad/pads have gone bad or a rotor is warped.

Lift the front tires off the ground and try to move them back and forth or top to bottom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idler arm, pitman arm, tie rods, ball joints, CV shafts or wheel bearing. It's also possible a brake pad/pads have gone bad or a rotor is warped.

Lift the front tires off the ground and try to move them back and forth or top to bottom.
Ok I’ll have to check those out. I replaced the tie rods when this first started happening but it didn’t help. I thought about the rotors being bad too, but I don’t really feel it in the brake pedal itself. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Rotors bad for sure. Shacking when stopping is a forsure wrapper rotor.

But being constant, you have a bad hub or piston sticking, that caused the rotor to get so out of round.

·
Registered
91 Posts

OP, you need to check all these things mentioned by 'Daly'. But the very FIRST thing to do is check your tire pressure.... next thing is look at the wheels and tires for any damage or to wheels or perhaps blistering of the tire itself. Start with the simple things.

Then jack up the front end and carefully rotate the tires one at a time and look for any out-of-round conditions. And then do the wiggling thing, to check for front end parts, bearings, as noted by 'Daly'.

A problem like this is usually pretty easy to spot, once you get in there and start looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts