GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 Silverado with 89k miles

Went to go crank the truck and it will start up and begin to idle but then dies within a few seconds. The air filter is good to go but the throttle cable seems kind of loose, is this normal?

I tried giving it throttle when starting but it kills the engine even quicker when giving it gas. No problems or whine's leading up to this, just out of the blue won't start?

Did have the key turned on to listen to music for a while but we even hooked up jumper cables to it for a while with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated, guessing fuel filter or injectors? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, my truck is a self-healer it seems, just cranked it up and it's idling fine?????

So, I'd imagine something is on the edge of going bad, any ideas on what I need to replace before I end up stranded somewhere?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, starting to think is the ignition switch or something, I went to crank it a minute ago and none of the dash lights would come on and then a minute later they came on but the truck wouldn't stay on when I started it and then a few more minutes later everything worked great. Confused outta my mind at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts