GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says, the radio and electronics will stay on for about 10-15 seconds after the key has been removed and the doors of the truck open. Any idea what could be causing this. I searched, but couldnt find my exact problem. Thank you in advance

-Evan

9,797 Posts
drivers side door switch? next time it does it, try opening the passenger door and see if it turns everything of?

my 2004 Z would do the same thing randomly, but if i opened the passenger door, that switch would always trigger it to shut off the radio and such.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will give it a shot here in a few minutes and report back.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked the passenger door, the electronics still stay on after the key has been removed and passenger door opened. Any other ideas?

9,797 Posts
I just checked the passenger door, the electronics still stay on after the key has been removed and passenger door opened. Any other ideas?
well that's no good...wait for a reply on here, there are people with far more knowledge than I possess that should be able to help ya...sorry i didn't help

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that's no good...wait for a reply on here, there are people with far more knowledge than I possess that should be able to help ya...sorry i didn't help
no worries, its been going on for a while now. Im used to it. I appreciate it though.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Actually my 09 does that with all 3 doors except the driver door. Honestly I don't know what it is at all. I'm pretty sure that if all the other door sensors were broken I'd know.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Actually my 09 does that with all 3 doors except the driver door. Honestly I don't know what it is at all. I'm pretty sure that if all the other door sensors were broken I'd know.
There was a year that it changed so it's only triggered by the drivers door, but can't remember what year they did that.

So, thing to check. When you open the drivers door, does the dome light operate properly?

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
My 09 only shuts the electronics off with the drivers door being opened, too.

·
chevy owner for life
184 Posts
My 09 only shuts the electronics off with the drivers door being opened, too.
relax!!! is supposed to do that from the factory, and to me it is a nice feature 'cause if any of the passengers exit the truck and the driver stays he can keep on listening to the radio.
that happens on my '07 silverado nnbs but it didn't on my '03 silverdo, first time that happened I noticed it right away and I said cooooooooooooolllllllll :imo

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
relax!!! is supposed to do that from the factory, and to me it is a nice feature 'cause if any of the passengers exit the truck and the driver stays he can keep on listening to the radio.
that happens on my '07 silverado nnbs but it didn't on my '03 silverdo, first time that happened I noticed it right away and I said cooooooooooooolllllllll :imo
You relax.:p

I wasn't concerned about it. 09Blue seemed like he wasn't sure if his 09 should do that so I confirmed that mine does it, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 08 Silverado has the problem with the drivers door too. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the ignition switch. It is intermittent, and I can never get it to do it at the dealer. I think it is the key switch maybe. When it happens, I put the key back in, and jiggle it a little, and that shuts the radio off every time.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
My 04 does it sometimes too. Ill take the keys out and open the door and everything stays on. Ill just put the keys in and turn on, turn off and it usually works right. Never concerned me enough to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Make sure your window switches are plugged in good like said earlier. I remember when i was putting my door speakers in i ran to the store real quick and when i got out(door panels werent on) and nothing would shut off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts