GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a trailer and acreage tractor on my truck today and my truck squatted excessively. What types of suspension add ons are available? I've used timbrens SES kit on a previous truck and that worked ok. I'd like to stay away from air bags because living in Iowa with all the salt it seems the fittings leak over time. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
air bags are the best bet, so it rides nice when your not towing anything and helps sag when towing, and im not sure how they would leak? rubber bag, plastic hose, plastic fitting? same things a semi uses and those have millions of miles with out leaking

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the timbrens kit the rubber Helpers rode about 1" above the axle so that you only used them when loaded kind of cool

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
My brother in law has had his air lift kit on his 07 for about 3 years and has had no issues with leaking. I have a friend with the same style kit on an 00 for over 5 years with no issues. All Wisconsin trucks.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My brother in law has had his air lift kit on his 07 for about 3 years and has had no issues with leaking. I have a friend with the same style kit on an 00 for over 5 years with no issues. All Wisconsin trucks.

Nice u know which brand? I wish there was another route to go because having to have an air compressor handy all the time may not be plausible

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
Air lift

They make kits where you fill the bags with a Shrader valve to fill the bags

1 - 8 of 8 Posts