GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to CVS and then tried to remote start it from insode the store and it didn't work. When I went out I tried to start it and saw the battery was dead somehow, I had only been in there 5 minutes so I was cluseless. Autozone said bad battery so I bought a new one, was about that time for a new one anyway but then I tried to start it and it just chugs, trying to start but it won't. I changed the battery posts when I changed the battery. Anybody have any ideas? My neighbor thinks it's the timing chain because I have 180k miles but I don't want to spend all that money and it's not that. I don't think it's that though, never heard of that being a problem for Yukons.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEEEEEASE

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lil bit. I saw white stuff on the piece that would connect to the battery and used a wire brush to try to clean it the best I could. Would that explain the chugging and no start tho?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Really could. Should see no corrosion at all. Take the connection apart and clean so the surface to surface connection is clean.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am gonna see about getting new cables in the morning. If that doesn't work out, could it be anything else? Really don't wanna go through towing it in if it's something simple.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Im gonna definately go with battery cable issues of some sort. Batteries sulfate when they start to die often times, which can corrode the cables...and ive seen cases where it was 2" or better into the cables before it wasn't corroded anymore. Also check the connection at the starter, and possible the starter itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts