GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my truck was finished yesterday afternoon and i was going to pick it up when we found out that I cant run my tires and rims :pissed: so yesterday i had to go and order a set of rims and get them shipped here today and bought a set of Mickey Tompson Baja belted with little over half tread left for 400 :head: so i am dropping them off this afternoon when the rims get here and will get some pics for you guys. But man i dont know if i was ready for all of this that thing is huge :head:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were 35x12.50's on AR sliders and now i have 36x14.50's on eagle alloy somethings..lol cant remember the number

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
so now you are running bigger tires?
so why the hell couldnt you run the other ones

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because they were rubbing the spindles

but i just got back from dropping off the tires and looked at the cv angles and they are pretty steep so what should I do about that??

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
What backspacing did they have? You need to have less than 4 5/8 on a spindle lift.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i told him that but he said that they would fit but i knew that they wouldnt because they had 5 inches of backspacing but the ones that i am getting today will fit but should I let down the torsion bars a little to see if I can get better angles???

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright well he said if the tires dont fit then he is going to put spacers in but I havent ever done this before, is it ok to do that or is it bad??

·
6,656 Posts
I wouldnt touch spacers, baaaad idea. They are prety unsafe. Just ask Luke about it, he lost a tire on the freeway because of spacers :read:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I just looked up the rims and they are 4 5/8" backspacing so they should work then right??

·
6,656 Posts
They should. I would say there is a 99% chance they will, if they dont you, your truck, your lift, and your rims are all freaks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i do have some crappy luck though..lol hey man thanks for the help i am gonna get some pics of the cv angles when I get the truck back tonight so take a look at them later and see what you think..thanks again

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well a buddy of mine has ran spacers on his truck with a set of boggers and a two different sets of 37's and hasnt had one problem at all with them. I havent heard anything bad about running them, just know Lance runs them with no problems. But I wouldnt run them unless I had some $$$$ rims that I would make fit if they didnt.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
I woudlnt' call them spacers, but I'm running 2 washers on each wheel stud on the front end of my truck. The guy with the lift before me had no problems, and I havent had problems either, so I'm neutral on spacing 'em out...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it wound up where I didnt even need them so I am okay. I got the truck back and I really like it but why would the steering at about 40 get really shakey, is this just something that I have to deal with or can I fix it???

·
6,656 Posts
Thats not right... are the tires balanced? If not they might not have installed something right, it should NOT do that.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Sounds like your tires have a dynamic imbalance. How did you have them put the weights on( Clamp weights on both sides or inside only, Tape weights on inner and outer part of barrel, or just in the middle)?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Also, make sure that the clips that hold the brake disc on the hub were removed. If not, then the wheel will not fit flush with the hub.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts