GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning, I started my truck and waited for it to heat up. It didn't! I waited in there for a while with the heater running...nothing! What do you guys think is the problem? I was freezing cold!:pow:

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
diesels take foreve to warm up... and if its cold out, takes even longer IMO. whats the outside temp like up there?

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The temperature this morning was about 31 degrees. I checked how much water I had and it was pretty low. So I added water and it started heating up. I changed my oil on Saturday and they give me a full service everytime I go...they should've filled it...unless I have a leak somewhere. But I looked underneath and didn't see any coolant around. So I just added water and we'll see what happens. Maybe the cap is no good??? Meh.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Stat, most likely. If the coolant got really low, might have gotten air in the system.

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
im not in a deisel but my truck takes forever too. usually i just let it warm up and rev it while sitting still. sometimes i drive it fast and rev it alot while on my way to school to get it to warm up, but i guess the cold air makes it slower than it sitting still and revving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It got to about -24 last night without windchill here last night, took almost half an hour before the cab warmed up in my truck. :bawl:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Takes my MB Diesels a while to get hot in the cool weather.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
A teacher at my school drives an MB when I see him pass I wait to see you :rofl2:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
in the future, leaving the heat on kinda has the opposite effect of what you were trying to do. the heater acts kinda like a mini radiator. probably doesn't do much, but i like to leave mine off while the car gets up to operating temp.
:word: I tell people this all the time. Just blowing cool air until the engine warms up. In the meantime, warmth is being taken away from the engine.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts