GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ridding four wheelers on july19th here in Oklahoma and on the way home I was pulling my buddies four wheeler on a trailer and mine was in the bed. A lady pulled out in front of me in a 99' Mercury mystique on highway 9 (which is 65mph) and I T-boned her in her door at about 60mph! Pulling the trailer and the weight of the truck and both ATV's just destroyed her car. She didn't see me and there was nothing I could do. Unfortunately she died of obvious causes. My buddy and I walked away with out a scratch. The air bags worked perfectly. I hope she rests in peace and I will miss that truck.

016.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
damn man!! hopefully insurance will take care of you

Edit* damn sorry to hear sbout the lady.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Damn, no shit :eek: Looks like the truck took it like a champ. Too bad about the lady, but if she payed attention I guess she'd be ok.

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The insurance gave me $13,200 and I was JUST about to sell it to my buddy who just got back from Kuwait for $9,000... so yeah i made out decent! But my buddy who was gonna buy it is pissed!

·
__the real GODFATHER__
1,421 Posts
Wow that is some story, sad bout the lady. Good hearin yall walked away, be thankfull homie. Im sure you'll come up on something sweet, just keep it simple and clean like the 03 was...

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn, no shit :eek: Looks like the truck took it like a champ. Too bad about the lady, but if she payed attention I guess she'd be ok.
I was REALLY impressed with how well the truck held up! Never thought it would do that well with the weight and speed in consideration!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would ask if you've got pics of her car, but it probably would have looked pretty morbid for you take pictures of a dead lady's car at the scene.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i wouldnt look to proud on pictures after an accident where somebody died. their fault or not.

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would ask if you've got pics of her car, but it probably would have looked pretty morbid for you take pictures of a dead lady's car at the scene.
yea and that's the main reason i didnt post any. kinda would have been inappropriate.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
insurance will want all the pics they can get, dead lady or not :read:

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wouldnt look to proud on pictures after an accident where somebody died. their fault or not.
yea at the time of the pix she was ok but she passed 2 days after. that's the only reason I dont look too concerned in the pix...

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cops would take plenty of pictures of the crash since there was a death involved. :read:
true but she passed 2 days after so at that time it was too late to take pix for that reason.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,533 Posts
Holy shit. Glad you're ok. I can't believe she died. Well, I mean, I believe it, but fuck. You handling it ok? Make sure you reach out and talk to whoever you need to... if you need to :(

1 - 20 of 57 Posts