GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody see the episode today? They id apeacial on "muscle trucks" and had the dodge viper truck, the lightning, and the joe gibbs silvy. I had to say that i was impressed with them all, but i think there is replacement for displacement. 8.3 l V10 with 500 horsepower kicks arse and that was my favorite, but the joe gibbs silverado was sweet too, not to mention the manual and the radix(i think)

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
I used to watch the show every weekend, but then they started to show repeats a lot so i stopped, im gonna have to check it out again

·
Registered
48 Posts
actually it was a magna charger if ya wanna get technical. the joe gibbs was nice, but i like the single cab SS made by GM. its still got 395hp but without a supercharger, all naturally aspired. i mean dont get me wrong, the joe gibbs truck kicks ass, but i'd rather have the other one.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
triple_deep82 said:
actually it was a magna charger if ya wanna get technical. the joe gibbs was nice, but i like the single cab SS made by GM. its still got 395hp but without a supercharger, all naturally aspired. i mean dont get me wrong, the joe gibbs truck kicks ass, but i'd rather have the other one.
There was a Joe Gibbs truck at the show today, the sticker said it was an Eaton supercharger

regcabss1.gif

regcabss2.gif

regcabss3.gif

regcabss4.gif

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Yeah i watched it. I dont like the fact that since the new season of trucks (that started earlier this year) they started playin music while staceys explaining things. On this episode, why did they use the 4.8 joe gibbs truck, they should have gotten the 5.3.

GM came out with a single cab SS? is it still awd like the regular SS or did they switch it to 2wd?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bcubed said:
There was a Joe Gibbs truck at the show today, the sticker said it was an Eaton supercharger

regcabss1.gif

regcabss2.gif

regcabss3.gif

regcabss4.gif
That guy might have swaped SCs because the Gibbs truck comes with a polished Magna Charger, unless somethings changed.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
grounded said:
That guy might have swaped SCs because the Gibbs truck comes with a polished Magna Charger, unless somethings changed.
The Chevrolet dealership brought the truck out trying to sell it, brand new as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'd like to know the part number for that Joe G. front bumper cover.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bcubed said:
The Chevrolet dealership brought the truck out trying to sell it, brand new as far as I know.
:shrug:
I guess when it's basicly a conversion and not straight from GM there can be changes from truck to truck.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the reason they use the 4.8 is becuase its the only v8 that comes with a manual tranny, the 5.3s dont unless it was a rare 99 model

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chevyneeds to take an 8.1 big block, bring it up to about 8.5liters, fix i up to have about 500 hp na, then drop a twin turbo in it :head:all into a single cab six speed, complete wirth a 6 lug 11.5 rear end, posi and some good looking 22's

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
chevyneeds to take an 8.1 big block, bring it up to about 8.5liters, fix i up to have about 500 hp na, then drop a twin turbo in it
nah, what chevy needs to do is offer a scsb truck with an LS1 in it with a lingenfelter twin turbo package!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
What would be cool would be if gm brought out a rcsb ss like in 2005 or 2006 and put the new LS2 in it, and a manual.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
On Trucks they did say Polished Magna Charger ... but I guess that was a pre production truck and they ended up using a non polished Eaton supercharger.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is the skinny on a magna charger as my last truck was a lightning and I stayed up on the newest/best superchargers. The magnacharger is an eaton identical to the stock eaton that comes on a lightning. What maganacharger does is they port it, causing it to be way more efficent and produce less heat than that of the stock eaton. If you sent one off it would actually produce less boost when you got it back, but create more hp due to less heat and less work to turn it. The internals on the supercharger are the same as well as the case, just the intake and exit are polished. They also can polish the case :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts