GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got rid of my true duals and went back to a single inlet, dual outlet edelbrock rpm series muffler along with a magnaflow y-pipe. also got the edelbrock headers on as well. and through in a new crossover pipe. she has a good sound to her now to. here are the pics

thanks to garbs for the excellent work.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going for low end power now. quarter mile is all about low end for a big ol truck. plus i really like the new sound and look.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
what size piping did you have on ur true duals. I've always wanted to go to true duals, i've just never wanted to spend that much money on a set of pipes.

i'll bet it sounds mean

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
what size piping did you have on ur true duals. I've always wanted to go to true duals, i've just never wanted to spend that much money on a set of pipes.

i'll bet it sounds mean

I have true duals on my truck and it only cost 220 for stainless pipe 2" or 2 1/4" can't remember exactly. But that is running glass and 4" tips. Doubt you would want the tips (I will get rid of them soon). As for performance it seems to breathe a lil easier but lost just a touch on low end power, but gain a touch on high end.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I'm running true duals with Flowmasters, I like the sound of it .. mild but still sounds good. I'm going to have to get my crossover pipe redone as Ive dragged it a few too many times and it is no longer round .... and I guess when I get my 4-link I might have to get the rear pipes redone if they interefere .. oh well.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
I'm running true duals with Flowmasters, I like the sound of it .. mild but still sounds good. I'm going to have to get my crossover pipe redone as Ive dragged it a few too many times and it is no longer round .... and I guess when I get my 4-link I might have to get the rear pipes redone if they interefere .. oh well.
mine looks like a pancake. My carpool accidentally hit my switch box, so now i have a slight exhaust leak.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
mine looks like a pancake. My carpool accidentally hit my switch box, so now i have a slight exhaust leak.
Damn ... has there ever been a thread on how everyone has their switches and gauges mounted? I'd like to see and get some ideas on how I'm going to do mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts