GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 in my Silverado SS, here soon, i have been doing my research, and darn near every shop and online stoore says we have to cut out a support bar in the dash to make the head unit fit. Has anyone done this, and if so how much of a pita is it? I got new blades for my sawzall standing by.

As far as the rest of the system I want front and rear 6.5 components, Right now I am thinking JL's, Infinity Kappa's or the new MTX thunder Axe comp line. A 100 x 4 rms 4 channel amp, JL's 10x6 stealth box, powered by a mono block 500w rms amp.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I havent heard of that, but Im sure its true as my single din in the lower position doesnt sit right, kinda tilted

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
It said that on Crutchfield for my Alpine W200 double din, but it fit.

It's just a little plastic thing in the rear that has to be trimmed or banged out the way.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
mine fit without trimming for mock up but with all the wires in the back, i trimmed it with a dremel and a cut off wheel, no biggie at all

·
Registered
170 Posts
When I installed my Alpine IVA-W200 into my 2000 Silverado truck, I had to cut a 3" metal bracket to get the head unit to slide all the way in to fit. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts