GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Heavy Chevy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the early stages of doin research on air compressors and im curious about which one would suit me best for a reasonable price of course...my ideal use for one would be for heavier more rigorous things like sanding and the occassional grinding or cutting but mostly sanding (not for big shop use either)...i could see myself using it maybe once or twice a month and maybe short stints on weekend projects. it would only need to be for my own use on a 110v outlet...i was recently given a relatives old one but it was just a 1/2 hp 10 gallon 90 psi max and 3 or 4 cfm...i think i would need about a 6-8 cfm for sanding...at least thats what i was told...if i could just get some kind of input on what would be my best options out there without having to go all out with some kind industrial unit running several hundreds or even thousands of dollars then that would be great...thanks for your time

·
Registered
67 Posts
You will need more than 6-8 cfm to sand. A 110v air compressor will not cut the mustard, a base 220v(10-12 cfm) will last for a little while, but the right compressor will last for years to come. As for brands it does not matter as much as the right size. If I were you I would start by looking at 18 [email protected] or bigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts