GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I finally decided it was time to lose the amber on the front of my rig. The clear corners I have already ordered and they are on their way...however the headlamps is what is throwing me...I know you can just pop open the stock assembly and remove the reflector, and up until now I thought that was my only option. I liked the fact that the amber was gone, but I didn't like the big open space the reflector's absence left. I found several different aftermarket Denali projection headlamps with a white reflector. This looked much better IMO. Ok, so here are my questions:

1) I know that when you buy aftermarket you don't always get OEM standard quality, but do I have to worry about the housing melting (due to higher/wrong voltage or bad wiring), fog in the lense, etc. with these aftermarket companies? I realize I don't have a specfic brand to ask that about, but if anyone has one they reconmend (or better yet, one to stay away from), I'd appreciate it.

2) Is there any kind of white reflector I can just buy to replace my OEM amber one? If that was the case, I think I would just install that on my stock or even some OEM Denali projectors.

3) Ok, so this may be a stupid question, but will the Denali projector even fit an 03+ Sierra? I didn't think the assembly shape changed, but I've heard conflicting reports on this question.

Sorry for such the long post, but any help would be much appreciated. When we are talking hundreds of $$ I don't want to buy bad merchandise.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Where did you find some Denali projection headlamps with a white reflector?

1. I'm not too sure on the aftermarket brands. I know with the corners/parking lamps they will turn yellow after a while and I'm sure some aftermarket headlamps will too. But I'm still not sure on that.

2. I've never seen a white/clear reflector to insert in our lamps. I wish they would make one though!

3. Yes they will fit our trucks. The Denali corners/parking lamps will not though.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Lights are out there, These 2 are some of the most popular, but from what I heard if you dont re-seal them with silicone they will end up leaking...

I am in the process of getting some denali projection headlights that are supposed to be here in march...slow boat from china..seriously....from what I can tell they are going to cost me 250$ what its going to cost normaly is 300$ but I can get you the same deal I am getting I am 99% sure.....But to basicly tell you what they look like are just plain denali lights with a white reflector....I will keep you guys informed on when I am going to get them...

oh and zoom, there are 2 bolts u just pull out and then unplug your lights then put in the new ones real easy like..

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I would buy the OEM denali ones but I like my cleared look and you can not take out the amber in those. Many people have tried. :pissed: I might go with aftermarket denali clears if I put the denali front end on my truck.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I have the OEM Denali Projection headlamps on my Sierra with the clear corners for the sierras/yukons. I love the lamps, and I am glad I stuck with the OEW ones, and not went with the fake ones with the blue/white crap in them.

The only thing that bugs me are the Amber reflectors. I have tried to get the casing opened twice now, I have failed both times. My stock sierra lamps came apart in just minutes, but these are more than child proof.

Although I have seen a picture with the OEM denali lamps with the reflectors removed, so I am not saying its NOT possible, just might not be worth breaking it.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris99GMC said:
The only thing that bugs me are the Amber reflectors. I have tried to get the casing opened twice now, I have failed both times. My stock sierra lamps came apart in just minutes, but these are more than child proof.

Although I have seen a picture with the OEM denali lamps with the reflectors removed, so I am not saying its NOT possible, just might not be worth breaking it.
Hey atom: Didn't your cousin's old truck have Denali projection headlamps without the amber in them? Were those aftermarket or was he able to remove the amber in the OEM ones? If they were the OEM ones...does he have any tips on how to open them without busting the shit out of the casing?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alaska350 said:
:worship: same question :worship:
Unfortunately...I've yet to figure out an answer (for my problem at least) :crazy:

As far as I know...no one makes a clear reflector for our headlamps (besides the aftermarket Denali ones, which I think are stuck in the lamps itself...dunno never seen one up close...besides they won't sell them to your seperately). I would lay down the money right now for some aftermarket ones, but after hearing horror stories about how shitty the projectors are, I almost think it isn't worth it for just the look. I wonder if there is a way to bleach the stock reflectors....

Anyway, I think if I do anything, it will be buying some OEM projectors. Just gotta find the right price now :bowtie:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got to thinking...could you paint the stock reflector? I wonder how that would look...:think:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts