GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought a 05 silverado which was said to have a 4 in suspension and 3 in body lift. It's clear it has both based on the body blocks and the dropped torsion bars. But I read everywhere that 35x12.50r18 shouldn't fit. I have no rubbing issues. Does anyone else have this setup? . I have no idea what brand the lift is either. .any info helps. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
You can fit 35's with 7" of lift. I fit 35's on my 06 just fine with a fabtech 6". Take some pics of the lift.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
yep post pics and we can give you a better idea. more than likely 35's should fit unless your running some really strange really wide offset 18s. but i find that unlikely.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Lol that one doesn't help much. Take a pic from the front. Try to get both sides of the suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Is there a truck to posting pics? . They all turn out to big. That was the only one I could get sized down enough

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the rear actually has 2 blocks stacked. I remember from when my dad was lifting trucks in the 80's that stacking blocks is unsafe. Maybe things have changed since then. Also how much arch should my leafs have in them? . They look almost flat

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Use photobucket to post pictures. Post the img tag

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
You might have some broken leafs in that spring pack. I'd find another stock set of rear springs and add a block, then turn the torsion bars up some up front. Use one block, do not stack them. If money isn't an issue, you might want to find some deaver springs. They will offer the lift you need without any blocks.

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Holy rust bucket batman....

Like stated above. Ditch the stacked blocks for a single steel block giving you the same lift. Most decent companies will also include new U-bolts. It's frowned upon to re-use them.

Ebay has steel 5" block/ubolt kits for $80ish.

It appears your back bumper is almost rusted completely through. I'd look for a new one out of a scrap yard or maybe think about a full replacement bumper and have it coated in bedliner. Will last forever that way.

I don't know about ohio, but in Texas if your bumper is not structurally sound and could potentially fall off, they'll fail your vehicle when it comes inspection time.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah I would try to find a single block for the rear with a good set of ubolts. As for the rust comments, look into lifting the bed off and buy some Por 15 paint. Also some may say it's getto but I would 2 tone the beige with bedliner before that starts to get eaten. Other then that this truck has potential. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thanks for everyone's input. I will try to find some blocks soon. As for torsion bar crank I have about a quarter of the bolts sticking out so it looks like there already cranked up. Also one of you said the spring might be broken. Would it actually be cracked in half or what? . As for the bumper I have a replacement laying in my garage that I have undercoated on the back side. Just waiting on winter to be over. The beige part was repainted as the rockers and cab corners were recently fixed. Like I said thanks for everyone's input. I'm quickly finding out that it doesn't matter if the owner says he's a mechanic and owns his own 4x4 shop. Gearhearts garage and 4x4 if anyone wants to check it out. . Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And while we're giving bad news lol. How many bolts hold the factory hitch on? . I have 4 in the rear of the hitch. Thanks

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Yes, the springs will usually break in half under the clamped area(Axle) near the center of the arch. I was judging the amount of crank by how close your bump stops were together up front.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts