GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a 2" daystar leveling kit installed on my 2007 chevy silverado (new body style/ 2wd). The 4x4 dealer im having my leveling installed at says i can fit 325/60r18 nitto terra grapplers while only having to trim plastic which i have no problem with. Any input would help.
Thanks,
Joey Capone

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
whats the offset or backspacing on the wheels?

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Seems like an awfully big tire to be running with only a leveling kit.....

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Seems like an awfully big tire to be running with only a leveling kit.....
basically a 33x13.50x18

I tried my Mickey Thompson Baja Claws that are 325/60/18 mounted on 18x10 with -21mm backspacing and there was no hope.

I installed my Zone 1.5" BL and it's a lot better but it's still too close for comfort. You could do some trimming, but with my offset, I still feel it would be a bit excessive.

Your best bet is to at least get a 3" body lift on top of the leveling kit. You should be able to clear it then with minor trimming. Also, your wheel backspacing is going to play a major roll in how much you will need to trim.

If you have an option of getting a little bit narrower of a tire, it'd probably be your best bet. I have considered switching to a 12.50 tire to see how much better that will make the fitment.

This photo is just with the 2.5" CCM leveling kit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a 6 inch lift with the same tire size and I can make them rub every now and then! I would look into to a size smaller on the width, or go bigger on the lift.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
my bros nnbs cleared USED 325/60/18 Mickey ATZ's with a 2.5 on stock wheels...rubbed the sway bar a little and the inner plastic on full lock.

·
Registered
909 Posts
get on americanluxurycoach.com and look at the sport 1500 package they are runnin a truxxx leveling kit with 325/60/r18s on 18x9s and ive talked to a guy with the package and they dont rub at all. his is a regular cab

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the tires to fit.
325/60R18 nitto terra grapplers.
I ended up using a 2.25" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit.
I beat back the metal on the inside of the front fender about a quarter of an inch now they dont rub at all.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
There's a guy on here with a NNBS running those on Pro Comp wheels with the 3in. RC kit and the 1.5in. Zone BL.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's a guy on here with a NNBS running those on Pro Comp wheels with the 3in. RC kit and the 1.5in. Zone BL.
i fit them on my truck and prolly spent half as much. if not less. my leveling kit was $200 and i beat back the metal of the inner fender just a little bit so it doesnt rub at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts