GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some 22s to lay do i need to tub the firewall? called ekstensive today and he told me i had to basically, im thinking about tubbing the front myself now, they couldnt give me a price unelss i bring the truck in, all i need is it tubbed in front......

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
you do not need to tub the fire wall to lay on 22's with a 265/35/22 tire.you will have to cut the fender wells though. now, if you wanted to roll around almost dragging frame, then yes.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the roads here are so bad i dont drive layd out much, only time it gets layd out is when im sitting still or in a diff town........wheres the best place to get tubs from SD? and does anyone have pics of the engine bay with everything relocated?

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
I tubbed my fire wall just a little bit. Ive heard that u can just beat it back, but what the hell i just went ahead and tubbed it. Not to hard just watch what ur doing if u are welding it all back up...

You will have to move the fuse box and the over flow for the radiator... i have pics of mine but i dont have tubs in it yet. Just everything relocated...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tubbed my fire wall just a little bit. Ive heard that u can just beat it back, but what the hell i just went ahead and tubbed it. Not to hard just watch what ur doing if u are welding it all back up...

You will have to move the fuse box and the over flow for the radiator... i have pics of mine but i dont have tubs in it yet. Just everything relocated...
thats fine i dont need pics of the tubs, just where you moved everything if u dont mind posting them....

·
Registered
376 Posts
matts is tubbed for 24s. he lays on 22s and all he had to do was barely tap the firewall. all he had to do was move a few things, its fairly obvious what he moved. the battery was relocated to the bed as well. the fuse box was moved a bit to look better. PM him if ya want more details. (Escalaradoon22s)

newpicswith24s036.jpg

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
matts is tubbed for 24s. he lays on 22s and all he had to do was barely tap the firewall. all he had to do was move a few things, its fairly obvious what he moved. the battery was relocated to the bed as well. the fuse box was moved a bit to look better. PM him if ya want more details. (Escalaradoon22s)

newpicswith24s036.jpg
thanks for the info, ill pm with some quesitons......and i can get those fenders from tractor supply here....

·
Registered
301 Posts
u talking about the fire wall tubs?? or just tubbing the fenders to keep it clean??? When i was looking at the truck friday your firewall was already tubbed quite a bit it looked like...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u talking about the fire wall tubs?? or just tubbing the fenders to keep it clean??? When i was looking at the truck friday your firewall was already tubbed quite a bit it looked like...
just whatever i need to make it lay, it seems half and half, a lot of people tub the firewall and a lot dont.......and when did you look at the truck?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh damn i didnt even know that was you darrell, my bad man lol, im mainly just talking about the fenders to keep it clean, i would like to do it over spring break next week hopefully

·
Registered
301 Posts
i couldve swore it was but im prolly wrong...didnt get much time to look at it due to so much work...bring it up to work tomorrow and ill check it out for u if u want me to. i leave after 12:00 so anytime before that would be cool...later

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iight man ill try and bring it up there, i might be going to houston to make an appointment at ekstensive but if not then ill bring it up there man, hey try and find out what hotel yall are staying at so maybe we can meet up at GD

1 - 20 of 54 Posts