GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i love both, but i wouldn't drive either one of them everyday. I guess i just don't want to drive a truck thats been cut up that much for the sake of laying out.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i love both, but i wouldn't drive either one of them everyday. I guess i just don't want to drive a truck thats been cut up that much for the sake of laying out.
When it's gonna get cool is when someone designs a truck from the ground up that will tuck 24s or 26s ... tube frame, custom suspension, etc etc.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bcubed said:
When it's gonna get cool is when someone designs a truck from the ground up that will tuck 24s or 26s ... tube frame, custom suspension, etc etc.
what do you think that escaldae has? its suspension cost more than most people blow on ther whole ride (yea i know its a 2-link but im talking about the control arms and frame alone) and from what i have seen and heard it can be drivin daily if whoever owned it wanted to.but since there probaly richer than a mofo they have other rides to pimp.

the IF truck is a hack. I wouldnt even ride in that truck much less drive it. did you see there soultion to building new shorter control arms?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
well the IF truck is a show truck. It will never be driven long distances. I think the cruise to greenville was a fluke for it to be driven. I was talking to the owner of sportruck.com at the truck jam, he said going to that show was the first time the truck had been driven farther than 5 miles(he siad he was nervous driving it that far too:read:). Show trucks are cool, but i like to drive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Downfall said:
what do you think that escaldae has? its suspension cost more than most people blow on ther whole ride (yea i know its a 2-link but im talking about the control arms and frame alone) and from what i have seen and heard it can be drivin daily if whoever owned it wanted to.but since there probaly richer than a mofo they have other rides to pimp.

the IF truck is a hack. I wouldnt even ride in that truck much less drive it. did you see there soultion to building new shorter control arms?
Gotta go with sam on this one. I'd roll the escalade. It's not my style, but I know the work that went into it....not to mention Bill won't build a truck that can't be driven.

I'll save the IF rant.:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
well the IF truck is a show truck. It will never be driven long distances. I think the cruise to greenville was a fluke for it to be driven. I was talking to the owner of sportruck.com at the truck jam, he said going to that show was the first time the truck had been driven farther than 5 miles(he siad he was nervous driving it that far too:read:). Show trucks are cool, but i like to drive.
thats cool and all but i dont see the point in paying so much money to make that truck look good (paint, 24's, bodywork, system, etc) and not be able to drive it more than 5 miles without worrying about your front wheels coming off

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
mine won't be driven any more after the end of the year already ordered my trailer..

The escy is badass but any of IF's work ... ________________ Fill in the blank

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Downfall said:
thats cool and all but i dont see the point in paying so much money to make that truck look good (paint, 24's, bodywork, system, etc) and not be able to drive it more than 5 miles without worrying about your front wheels coming off
33.jpg

thats the truck i was talking about. It definitely was one of the nicest trucks at truck jam. Its got a 2 link, but he said hes gonna go to a 4 soon, so maybe he'll drive it. I think he was more nervous about something happening to it rather than the suspension. I'm starting to feel the same way too about my truck :pissed:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
oh i thought you where talking about the if truck driving

that truck is nice and i understand about being scared to drive it around with the way dumbass people drive in big citys

·
Registered
779 Posts
hey grounded did you see the escalade when it was up at corys?

yall wanna hear some funny stuff bout that truck...it is one of those trucks that gm sells in parts b/c something happend to the train that was carryin it or something...anyways...the dude bought the escalade body w/interior...no frame, no motor, no nothing...they did a custom built frame and a crazy souding motor (not sure how big..guessin 502 or somethign huge)....they had to tub the rear and cut into the back doors to make those tires tuck that big...the thing is a lifesize dub city model...it is insane...i dont like those rims atall...but some 26" giovannas woulda been sweet....he's bout to do a complete color change on it too...btw...the escalade is no longer awd...

btw this guy that owns this thing is probably mid 20s...owns 2 tricked out expeditions...one has been in truckin...both with crazzzzy systems...he also has a new cadillac cts-v (one with the ls6 in it)...and i cant remeber what else but there's a couple more..his collection is huge and all custom...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I wanted to see it at Kustom Werx, but didn't get a chance. Shoot, this past Sat. is probably the first time i've been up there since Xmas. I saw it at Ekstensive though.

Your right about Matt having cool toys. His CTS-V is the first one I've seen in person.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
actually they are GM demo vehicles and before they sell them to ya they either remove the frame, the engine or cut the rear clip off.

The H2 was purchased with no frame and engine because it was a demo. They had to get another person to go buy the engine because they wouldn't sell it to them together. Don't think it has a title for it either unless it's a salvage title.

One of my buddies who owns a shop got a demo ranger and before Ford sold it to him they cut the frame right down the middle behind the cab. Which actually made it easier for him to do a full tube rear clip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts