GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm kinda new here, just got my first full size truck a few months ago. I planning on either the Tuff Country or Trailmaster 4 inch lift. I know everyone says go with a 6 inch but I have underground parking where I live and anything over 4 inches of total lift just won't clear. I'm also considering an add a leaf for the rear since I tow a 21 foot bass boat and car hauler. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about either lift kit? btw I allready did search and didn't find too much about either kit.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2002 ECSB

·
boogity boogity
995 Posts
Most of the current knuckle kits besides cognito only drop the dif down 4" or 4.5" and they claim them to be a 6" kit because they crank the T-bars. If i was you i would get the Rancho kit and just not crank it and runn 33's IMO.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Most of the current knuckle kits besides cognito only drop the dif down 4" or 4.5" and they claim them to be a 6" kit because they crank the T-bars. If i was you i would get the Rancho kit and just not crank it and runn 33's IMO.
The Rancho knuckle kit is a true 6" kit; however, the diff is only dropped down ~4.5"

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
i know my s-10 5 in lift was a true 5 drop not to sure on fullsize rigs though

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'd second this idea on a NBS truck. I have the rancho on 33's and still fit in my garage with a 7' door and have been in a couple of parking garages. Its all in how much you crank on the knuckle lifts. I have pretty flat cv's and 40k on the kit without a problem. I ran the trailmaster 4" kit on my old body style, it was a full drop design. I liked it and never had any issues with it either.... fyi...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Get the Rancho. 1 piece subframe = yummy. In all seriousness, it's a strong lift and all of their shocks are a good choice (unlike those two other knockoff brands you listed).:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts