GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well i know this has been talked about plenty of times but I couldn't find much information using the search feature. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

I just bought an 06 crewcab with the 5.3. I my old 02 single cab with the 5.3 i had a wait4me tune and that woke the truck up and it would haul ass. I know that a tune isn't going to make my crewcab anywhere near as fast as my single cab was but i would like to know what the best one is. I just need one that is tuned to get the most power possible. I am going to be towing quite a bit so when i am on the highway and need to pass someone i want to be able to pass them with ease.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
nobody better than blackbear.....
:shake:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Blackbear or hit me with a PM... there's tons of options out there for you...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Justin @ blackbear... im sure he'll respond shortly

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know how much a tune for blackbear would run me?

I will hopefully be able to wash the truck up and clean the inside and get some pictures in the next couple of days.

thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Blackbear seems to have become popular. Hopefully, i can catch a minute of his time when he comes up to MD.

·
JEEP JUNKIE
1,480 Posts
I paid 250.00 for mine but I still have the old computer ,if you return the old one it should be less.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i'm quite satisfied with my Wester's tune.

·
GMC & IROC-Z
348 Posts
PM JUSTINSS (black bear performance) $150 or $200 not bad. Just got mine done and am very happy with it. Good Luck.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
I have no complaints at all. Increased power, mpg, shift points, shifts quicker, gotta love it.
I second that! I bark second with ease now, My truck runs better than it ever has, and its got 120,000 miles on it. My only regret is not getting this done sooner.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
because he's a Preferred Vendor or because he's good?
he really is that good.

example...
yesterday my buddy switched injectors and a couple other things on his 05 rc with a whipple. between sending him a couple logs and talking to him over the phone we got the new tune dialed in in less than an hour.

his customer service is what makes him WAY better than everyone else.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts