GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a 2000 gmc 2500 gasser 4x4 6.0 on 285's. its getting like 14mpg on the highway as it sits. Im thinking about upgrading to 35s but gas is already killing me. some friends suggested a handheld tuner would add mpg's and power??? ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Blackbearperformance.com. Should've been a easy search for ya

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i got a friend who's got a black bear tuned silverado...but I'm looking for something more along the lines of handheld. plug and play kinda stuff. But what kinda numbers does the black bear tune add??

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Black Bear

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a buddy whom i carpool to work with also the has the same tuck. 2000 2500 6.0 4x4 5 spd ex cab. He complains bout his milage also. 13-14 mpg. He bought a hand held (dont know what brand) & it got way worse. Seem to have a slighty noticeable more pep but not woth the drop to 10 mpgs. He took it off. Idk how he had it set or if his truck has other issues but that was the experience i had with one in a 2000 6.0

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
haha i got a friend who's got a black bear tuned silverado...but I'm looking for something more along the lines of handheld. plug and play kinda stuff. But what kinda numbers does the black bear tune add??
Why do you want plug and play?

A N/A gas motor does not need multiple tunes- don't buy into the hype. A tuner such as Blackbear will tune it to be ideal under all conditions.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a buddy whom i carpool to work with also the has the same tuck. 2000 2500 6.0 4x4 5 spd ex cab. He complains bout his milage also. 13-14 mpg. He bought a hand held (dont know what brand) & it got way worse. Seem to have a slighty noticeable more pep but not woth the drop to 10 mpgs. He took it off. Idk how he had it set or if his truck has other issues but that was the experience i had with one in a 2000 6.0
Well i definitely don't want worse lol. I guess i just wanted a handheld one so i could get rid of it if i didn't like it. But black bear keeps sounding better and better. I seriously doubt any heavy chevy will ever get good gas milage
:snoopfacepalm:

·
Registered
284 Posts
hey guys i got a 2000 gmc 2500 gasser 4x4 6.0 on 285's. its getting like 14mpg on the highway as it sits. Im thinking about upgrading to 35s but gas is already killing me. some friends suggested a handheld tuner would add mpg's and power??? ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Just drive it and be happy. My dad has a 5.3 and gets 14 no matter what. The fact that his foot stays in it could have something to do with it:laughing1:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just drive it and be happy. My dad has a 5.3 and gets 14 no matter what. The fact that his foot stays in it could have something to do with it:laughing1:
Story of my life man. I can't seem to go a day without flooring it at least once. But everyone seems to be going apesh** over the black bear tune...so there must be a reason why lol.

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,183 Posts
14 from a 6.0?

Shiitttttt thats pretty good!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok after some research and serious thought black bear is looking like my best option right now...and the traditional tune is probably the route i will go. But what kind of hp and mpg numbers is it making? Also are there any problems that may arise as a result of the tune?

·
Read Only
51 Posts
not sure what they have for your application but im running a diablosport tuner in my 2015 2500hd 6.0 - deff feels like it runs better ( also has k&n intake and magnaflow exhaust )

havent put a ton of miles on since mods but 230 miles one way got about 16 mpg

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,404 Posts
not sure what they have for your application but im running a diablosport tuner in my 2015 2500hd 6.0 - deff feels like it runs better ( also has k&n intake and magnaflow exhaust )

havent put a ton of miles on since mods but 230 miles one way got about 16 mpg
Really hope he wasn't waiting 8 years for your suggestion

1 - 20 of 20 Posts