GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, id like to start by saying this forum is amazing lol secondly I have a 05 crew cab silverado 2wd 5.3. I just installed a blow through system in my truck to out bass everyone, have amazing custom seats, flow master 44 mufflers, headman short tube headers, magnaflow highflow cats and a hypertech III series tuner. Ive finally decided turbo kit over a subercharger but my main delima is idk which to go with. Any pointers?

·
GM bit-size owner
1,654 Posts

Should go along nicely with your other mods, especially the tuner

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
I would go with a KB Racing kit. Great kit for the money.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not to sound like an ass but, If im going to spend 7k for a turbo, why not just buy a whole new engine? Im looking more so into the 3-4 grand price range
when ppl tell you to search and read up they are trying to tell you something so you dont sound like an ass. that statement you just said is proof you havent done your homework.

you looking for 3-4 k for just the turbo parts or 3-4 for everything?

7k isnt enough for a stout NA motor either

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3-4 for the whole kit. I dont need a twin turbo kit, just one that will give me 70+ hp. For now im in the used market lol gotta crawl before you walk and ive done my research, its just hard to know about anything just from reading vs exp.

·
Registered
603 Posts
3-4 for the whole kit. I dont need a twin turbo kit, just one that will give me 70+ hp. For now im in the used market lol gotta crawl before you walk and ive done my research, its just hard to know about anything just from reading vs exp.
boosted isnt cheap. you can easily spend 3k without having nothing but the 3 main items. can boost be done cheap? yes. can everyone do it cheap? no. most ppl want boost then soon realize they only have 1/3 of the funds for it. for 70hp more then just get a good tune, cam, heads....hell some man cams are good for 70rwhp themselves

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.