GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
:thumbsdown:

holy lag batman! id hate to have to run oil lines all the way back there, plus the charge pipes coming back?? this idea seems just dumb to me...

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I think the Blue '04 regcab you are refering to is Parish8's. He post alot on LS1tech.com, but he doesnt have the STS. I believe he's running a T-76 turbo with a 75 shot.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
VicRed said:
I think the Blue '04 regcab you are refering to is Parish8's. He post alot on LS1tech.com, but he doesnt have the STS. I believe he's running a T-76 turbo with a 75 shot.
Correct, he's running the Combination Motorsports kit :read: I think the STS is a good kit, but even though they claim that an intercooler isnt necessary, I'd probably have to find a way to rig one in :crazy: Or maybe Alcohol injection

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VicRed said:
yea, hes running that c motorsports kit (or something like that)

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Whifflebat said:
My truck runs on Skyy!!

:crazy:

Parish also has a built 4l80e, 6.0, and a HD transfer case...
damn sky is waaaay to expensive to pour into a gas tank. Good thing mine runs off of that chap McKormics flavored vodka.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
VicRed said:

i think theyre talkin about that one from teh videos that was racing camaros on the street...

still this kit sucks :read:

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OrangeCrush said:
i think theyre talkin about that one from teh videos that was racing camaros on the street...

still this kit sucks :read:
Yea, i noticed that it doesnt make the numbers that you would think a turbo would:idk:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i HATE it. everything about it, exept its a turbo not a blower. make your own kit for less than that, and better numbers too.
Ill find out soon enough...

·
Registered
86 Posts
The problem i see with that kit is your air filter mounting under the bed of your truck. It seems like that would be the worst place for it. Especially for offroad because of water and mud getting on it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just how much lag will it be. All that piping. It's bad enough using exhaust pressure. This system adds more lag coming all the way from the back. I also hate the filter mounting. Just what you need is some tire to come up and knock it off without you knowing, and then you're stuck with crappy air going in. No like!

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
fuck STS go CM...:read: trust me.. they know their shit...

parish just blew a built 4L80E.... hehehe... hes at 76x HP! crazy! :crazy:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where do we find CM? stuff.
The STS kit is cool for a number of reasons.
There are No Oil lines
There is much cooler temps from back there.
THere is lag, but every turbo has lag,
The system is only set up for 5 psi.
It is able to get to 15 psi with proper mods.
INstall is super easy.
but it is only for the street, the location of the Air box is not quite sutable for off road.

GUys that have it, say they hit full boost by 1800 rpm, that is not much lag,
The radix does not hit full boost untill redline!!

·
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
6.0SS said:
Where do we find CM? stuff.
The STS kit is cool for a number of reasons.
There are No Oil lines
There is much cooler temps from back there.
THere is lag, but every turbo has lag,
The system is only set up for 5 psi.
It is able to get to 15 psi with proper mods.
INstall is super easy.
but it is only for the street, the location of the Air box is not quite sutable for off road.

GUys that have it, say they hit full boost by 1800 rpm, that is not much lag,
The radix does not hit full boost untill redline!!
check out ls1tech.com and ls1truck.com

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have a friend that is running an sts turbo on a bone stock 5.3 and he just ran a 12.8.his sts setup was sending 13lbs of boost right out of the box. i happen to like the sts setup a lot. if your looking to use it for street only, the rear mount is a LOT cooler...no intercooler needed, plus the air under there is a lot cooler and the filter is open to more air. the sts turbo also spools quickly.my friend also has the ONLY new dodge hemi in the nation with a working turbo, and its an STS. From my experience, the STS is a lot better setup than the under hood ones.

just my $0.02

1 - 18 of 18 Posts