GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody with turndowns have an issue with exhuast pooling under the truck and seeping back into the cab at stop lights? I have exhuast all the way to the back and would like to put turndowns at the mufflers right before the axles so I can fit a shackle flip and get rid of my block. I ask because my buddies K5 Blazer with a carb would pool like a mofo and give everybody a head ache if it sat for a while if the rear window was oen

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Mine does but mine is right is not far past the cab because i went cheap and just hacked where my muffler was and put the turndown on. wont be as bad if you dump past the axle or farther into the bed atleast

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
bggrnchvy said:
Does anybody with turndowns have an issue with exhuast pooling under the truck and seeping back into the cab at stop lights? I have exhuast all the way to the back and would like to put turndowns at the mufflers right before the axles so I can fit a shackle flip and get rid of my block. I ask because my buddies K5 Blazer with a carb would pool like a mofo and give everybody a head ache if it sat for a while if the rear window was oen
If you want to dump your exhaust, dump it after the rear axle. It will still be loud, the exhaust wont pool up that much if at all, and it is always good to run at least 2 feet of pipe after a muffler to get the best performance out of it. :shake:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had mine cut off with no muffler right under my passenger seat and didn't have much of a problem at all. Now i have turndowns before the axle but after the cab and there is no problem whatsoever.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Adam said:
Mine is dumped about right at the rear axle... no problems.
word no problem here

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
not me... mine drops down about even with the front of the wheel well, a good foot before the rear axle.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if I cut my pipes just after the exhuast hanger closest to the rear axle and put turndowns I should be fine? Also would this make my exhaust louder? Its all the way out the back right now with dual flowmaster 40's and 18" long 3.5" tips.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It wouldn't be any quieter... If anything the sound waves will bounce back and forth between the bed and the ground, which makes the sound waves longer, with a deeper tone. I really doubt it would be noticeably louder outside of the truck... it might be a little louder inside the cab. I like the way mine sounds... you can here it when you get on it, but cruising down the road or on the freeway, i can't even here it.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
sorry to whore but, klemmentine i really like the way your lift setup looks. What do your fenders sit at? Also what muffler are you running.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Thanks for the comments
Front Fenders= 48"
Rear Fenders= 48 3/4"

Its a flowmaster single in, single out. I believe its 3" in, 2.5" out, but i could be wrong. I think i have the 40 series muffler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts