GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on the hunt for that stuff for a while now as I think they quit making it. Ive got to say it works really well for what it is. The pic didnt turn out good for some reason but it looks much better in person.

Honda018.jpg

Honda019.jpg

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
so is it like touchup paint mixed with wax?? :think:

either way it still looks pretty dull... maybe its just the angle of the pic.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
yeah it still looks fucked to me :imo

dont expect it to last... probbaly goes back to how it was once you wash it

hmm i wonder why its not made anymore

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
Looks better, but still shitty. Oh, go ahead and wash it a few times, THEN get back to us on how well it worked.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
all that is is a filler polish/wax.....like a few others said...get back to us on how well that works afer you wash it once or twice

whats it come with lipstick too?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is still dull, but it looks better than all the white cracks in the paint :imo But it does look but in person, the sun was glaring right on the hood then.

I know it wont last long at all, but for now until I paint the car it works.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Yea, like others have said, its just a filler/cleaner/wax all in one. Probably contains lots of oils to fill in any defects and makes it look good for a short period of time. I can still see all the swirls in the sun which tells me there is still a long way to go on repairing the paint. If there is no clear failure, I wouldnt be surprised if you could get that pain looking 100x better using a machine and some quality polishes. I've seen some unbelievable turnarounds with just using a pc. It may be worth your time to invest in a pc and give that a shot. If it revives your paint to your standards it can save you a LOT of money over a repaint.
What kind of car? year?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, like others have said, its just a filler/cleaner/wax all in one. Probably contains lots of oils to fill in any defects and makes it look good for a short period of time. I can still see all the swirls in the sun which tells me there is still a long way to go on repairing the paint. If there is no clear failure, I wouldnt be surprised if you could get that pain looking 100x better using a machine and some quality polishes. I've seen some unbelievable turnarounds with just using a pc. It may be worth your time to invest in a pc and give that a shot. If it revives your paint to your standards it can save you a LOT of money over a repaint.
What kind of car? year?
I know all about how to bring back the finish and all but there is no hope for this paint other than using something like this. Its peeling down to the original everywhere, and all the white spots where cracks in the paint. It had $200 urethane macco job before I got it. The paint job is only going to cost me like $100 in materials so Im not worried about that.

I did wax over that to see if it might make it last longer. Even if its back the same way in a week, for $5 and 10 minutes I dont care.

·
Team white
197 Posts
I've used the stuff, and it does hide all the imperfections in old paint, bird shit stains and such..but it doesn't last very long! Still its cheaper than painting an old car! Makes my camry look better!

000_0415.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts