GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt really find a Tweeter thread. I mostly listen to rap and in my old truck i had the power Acoustic NB-1's. No Cross Overs, just the bass reducers hooked up to my amp with my other door speakers. My Question is, is there anyother tweeter with out a big cross over that will SCREAM like these do? They will be Hooked up to my eclipse avn-5510 deck with my bose speakers for right now.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Couldnt really find a Tweeter thread. I mostly listen to rap and in my old truck i had the power Acoustic NB-1's. No Cross Overs, just the bass reducers hooked up to my amp with my other door speakers. My Question is, is there anyother tweeter with out a big cross over that will SCREAM like these do? They will be Hooked up to my eclipse avn-5510 deck with my bose speakers for right now.
A "bass reducer" AKA "bass blocker" is a crossover. It's just a specific capacitor, just like in a crossover. Unless you wanna keep replacing tweeters, you need a crossover or the appropriate capacitor in line.

If you want it to scream off HU power, look at Selenium ST-200 or ST-350's. They are huge, but crazy efficient and don't sound horrid. If you wanna put more power on them later, you can, they'll take it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
for a tweeter with inline passive filter, i have always liked memphis.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im puttin some power acoustik nb-1's tomorrow. but later on i wanna put some nicer louder ones. So maybe look at the big titanium ones?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A "bass reducer" AKA "bass blocker" is a crossover. It's just a specific capacitor, just like in a crossover. Unless you wanna keep replacing tweeters, you need a crossover or the appropriate capacitor in line.

If you want it to scream off HU power, look at Selenium ST-200 or ST-350's. They are huge, but crazy efficient and don't sound horrid. If you wanna put more power on them later, you can, they'll take it.
im gunna have the bass reducers on it

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
dont know what part of la you in but ricky smith when i was back in high school use to install the power acoustik ones for like 40 bucks with the bass blockers on them. the ones i ran on my truck were cheap off ebay and cam with the bass blockers on them already and sounded better then the power acoustiks people were running.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont know what part of la you in but ricky smith when i was back in high school use to install the power acoustik ones for like 40 bucks with the bass blockers on them. the ones i ran on my truck were cheap off ebay and cam with the bass blockers on them already and sounded better then the power acoustiks people were running.
new iberia

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
yep ricky smith in new iberia use to sell the shit out of them tweeters back in the day when i was in chs lol.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im gunna bump this so im not statring a new thread. I have the bose system and factory nav in my new truck. Im lookin at puttin some tweeters with my factory system. I was thinking some infinitys, what do yall think? Lookin for just like a factory sized replacement. the Selenium's are way to big lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts