GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna run two 1001d xtant amps on three L5 kicker solos. Currently i have two and a bd 1000...but its just not cutting it. (used to have 9 15s in a jeep) Do you think ill have any probs getting the amps in phase? What if i used a 1001d and the bd 1000? Any input is appreciated.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
don't thikn it would matter. i'm sure 94flamds10blazr knows the answer

·
Registered
277 Posts
unless the amps can be synced together i dont see how you can run three evenly off of the two amps just get one big amp rockford has an amp now that puts out 3000w @ 1 ohm its really nice.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These xtants put out a thousand watts and can go stable to half an ohm....they have 85% effeciency...they dominate. Im not going to get rid of them to get a RF amp.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
easy way to do it is to have both amps set up the same. I mean same grounds, same cables, same everything. Put in a test cd with a constant tone and put a Digital multimeter on the speaker outs and set the gains where they are equal voltage coming out. Thats the only way I know

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm Yea i could do that and i do have access to that stuff but what about this....i run one 1001d at 1 ohm with two speakers on it...ie 500 watts to each...then the other amp i run at 2 ohms so it would send 500 to that sub....would that be better/easier?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
it would be easier, not as cool but it would work

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i decided im not gonna go three subs. Im just gonna fine tune for SQ. gonna run a 2.3 cubic foot box (comes out to just about 2 even after you acct for the room the subs take up) run them on the xtant 1001d then run the Focal polyglass series seperates in kick panels on the xtant 302a. Hopefully it will come out alright.

·
Registered
779 Posts
the best way to run 2 amps on three subs is get subs that have dual voice coils... you hook up one amp per voice coil...no one does it this way..kinda weird to wire..but it hits really hard....you gotta match your amps if they are different power...with either an ocilliscope or a "good eye"/"good ear"...but..anyways...good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts