GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... so I don't have photoshop, and even if I did, I doubt I could master it like some of you guys have. And, when I get my bodywork done, since I have to paint the whole side of my truck, I'm thinking about just two-toning it. The only problem is, I don't know what color would look right.

I'm thinking about a dark red metallic, with a dark grey stripe to break it up from the top bodyline down. So, could someone help me out and give me an idea of what it would look like?

Right now, this is the best pic I have of the side of the truck:

I can get a full on side shot if you need it, but it'll have to be this weekend. I'm just looking for an idea of what it'll look like, so it doesn't have to be perfect. And feel free to use other colors if you like. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Here's my quick shot at it

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kinda what I was thinking.... except the red on the bottom. My dent is on the bottom of the truck, so I'm only painting from the top bodyline down. And, maybe a little darker red.

But thanks for the effort though... :) :handshake

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts

i guess i'm a little late man:pow: i dunno to be honest..i think a darker color on the bottom will look too weird:imo

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... but I got a big ass dent on the bottom of the rear door that I'm gonna get fixed soon, and my dad's gonna paint it, and I've almost got him into two toning it from the bodyline down. Otherwise, I'd have to paint the whole truck, and we can't do that in one weekend (cause I don't have anything else to drive.

I seem to remember seeing a Sierra with pewter on top and a burgundy like color on the bottom and from what I can remember (it was years ago) it didn't look bad...

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts

I did the cover also just for the hell of it

and lower valance and grille shell. I had a few minutes of boredom to play with

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so... now that I've kinda got an idea, I don't know that I really like it. I mean, if I did, the grill and stuff would have to be painted.

But, now I'm leaning on just keeping it all pewter, and getting a tahoe shell and painting the bumper pad and valance pewter. Or maybe painting the grille shell too.... what do you guys think?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Hey Corndick, what size tires are u running with that 3/4?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Dark color always on top IMO. Dark on bottom doesnt look right 99% of the time.

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Corndick, what size tires are u running with that 3/4?

So.... I was messing around with google (did a search for Corndick, just playing around...), and this post came up, and I realized I totally blew you off. My bad man.... :sorry:

275/45/20... if you still need to know.

:shake:

·
Registered
106 Posts
i dont have any pics yet but ill post em up soon i just had my z71 two toned from the middle body line down pewter top black bottem black fender flares rollpan etc. . . i personally think it looks great with the black rims and shiat but thats just me i gotta get pics up hopefully it will be 99% this week! i didnt have them follow the line around onto the tailgate yet cause the tailgate is fucked up so i gotta get a new one but hopefully ill acquire one soon enough

1 - 13 of 13 Posts