GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea to add a carbon fiber look vinyl wrap to the rocker panel area of my truck maybe something like 8" in height and along the length of the truck. And have the bumper cap wrapped and when I add the pocket style fender flares having them wrapped as well. I'm thinking of doing the white carbon fiber color or maybe a light grey. Just not sure if it will look good, or if it's just a dumb idea. Any thoughts. I have 305 BFG all terrains and a 3.5 Rcx going on it soon. And the idea is to get some protection on the from rock chips and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Eh not my bag of chips, but if you want rock protection get the 3m rock guard.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lmao. I went to a vinyl shop yesterday afternoon and put a piece against the truck to see how it looked. And yeah that isn't gunna happen. Definitely a bad idea. So what kind of options are there to protect the paint on the rockers

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Lmao. I went to a vinyl shop yesterday afternoon and put a piece against the truck to see how it looked. And yeah that isn't gunna happen. Definitely a bad idea. So what kind of options are there to protect the paint on the rockers

Eh not my bag of chips, but if you want rock protection get the 3m rock guard.
:read:

You could also use some plastidip or get colormatched line-x.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts