GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the ORD ubolt flip kit just as strong as the factory setup or would i be sacrificing durability for ground clearance? and does anyone know the torque specs for both setups? thanks

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
is the ORD ubolt flip kit just as strong as the factory setup or would i be sacrificing durability for ground clearance? and does anyone know the torque specs for both setups? thanks
I know nothing about torque specs for either set-up....

That being said, I see no reason why, when running comparable U-bolts, either set-up would be more durable than the other. Factories install them "upside" down on some trucks/suvs, and "rightside up" on others. I also don't think a company like ORD would market a product that was actually weaker than stock. It may not be any stronger, but.... well, you get what I'm trying to say. I say go for it.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
older chevies came stick with flipped u bolts. IIRC some k5's had them too.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
just do it... im running plates from nick's k5 and they work quite nicely

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine are torqued to german specs.....gudentight!

Nah, I think I set mine at 125 with red loctite.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Ford runs them flipped from the factory., either way works fine

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, just trying to decide if they are really worth 80 bucks now, cause thats a helluva lot of budweiser for my belly.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
There isn't a need for locktite on u-bolts, the threads are rolled and you usually use nylock nuts, they stay good and tight thay way.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
cool, just trying to decide if they are really worth 80 bucks now, cause thats a helluva lot of budweiser for my belly.
There price isn't terrible honestly. If you need to modifiy your rear suspension at all (add a little taller block, pull a leaf out, etc) it would be a great time to just do it all at once and do it right.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i went ahead and ordered the kit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts