GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed I have a little play in the UCA bushing on the driver side so I went and got some new bushings and was wondering what's all involved in replacing them i know i'll have to get the truck aligned afterwards but don't know if there's any tricks to getting these things out and in. I do have access to a press. Any help is appreciated

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
I hear they're a bitch to get out, I think most will just burn them out. However I just got new UCAS cheap enough.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear they're a bitch to get out, I think most will just burn them out. However I just got new UCAS cheap enough.
How much was the whole UCA and i'm assuming the bushings were already installed and can you get them with a ball joint already installed?

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Yeah, I've always heard to burn them out, but never tried it my self yet...

Not sure if this is spam, but I do have a new in box set of UCA's (for my '02 Sierra z71 6lug, but will fit others) with bushings and ball joints up for grabs if anyone is interested, just pm me, I'll sell cheap! Didn't end up using them since I got some cognito UCA's instead.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but bushings were pretty cheap and I've already picked them up 20 bucks at napa. Well im doing the install this evening I'll let yall know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts