GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a UDM from Chris around 10 months ago. It's started to act up. The switch does not work, like it'll be on speed 5-6 but act like it's on 1-2.

Sometimes it does this, sometimes not. Most of the time not.. though.

So I PM'd Chris. He's working with me getting this thing replaced... Because obviously, it's under warranty.

Question is.. Chris needs the S/N so he can honor the warranty on the machine he sold me.

Where the fuck is it? It's not stamped/printed ANYWHERE on this UDM.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Good question.. I can't seem to find anything on mine either.. All I see is the model number on mine...
I seem to remember reading something that it was stamped somewhere on the motor body itself, so you have to remove a cover to see it... but I'm not 100% if thats true.

Best of luck. Seem to hear more an more little issues with the UDMs lately.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
I seem to remember reading something that it was stamped somewhere on the motor body itself, so you have to remove a cover to see it... but I'm not 100% if thats true.

Best of luck. Seem to hear more an more little issues with the UDMs lately.

I believe the issues are one of the reasons why Chris decided to drop them.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
The number is on the box believe it or not....UDM has replaced mine twice now, they never even ask for the dead one back.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The number is on the box believe it or not....UDM has replaced mine twice now, they never even ask for the dead one back.
I did save the box, thank god. It's in the garage. I'll check it, thanks man.

Anybody else have problems? WTF. This thing was touted as the best of the best. ULTIMATE... piece of shit. The handle never even screwed in right on one side, the threads were tapped wrong or some shit.

I'm not saying any of this is Chris's fault at ALL :imo

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Theres a reason the PC has, and continues to be, the undisputed champ of DA polishers IMO. Never had a SINGLE problem with mine and its got a TON of hours of polishing on it... still going strong as the day I got it. Sucks Matt, bc the UDM was touted as the be all end all of DA polishers... I think they had the right idea, just fell short in the durability.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Eh, I've had issues with my PC, but it still manages to get the job done. It's been pretty abused, so I have to give it credit there. I'd still take a PC over the UDM or Flex

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
udm/pc :suicide2:

Makita :thumbsup:

But Lynn will take care of you with the UDM problem. Excellent customer service.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
i had a problem with my PC's backing plate. made speed 5-6 feel like 1-2. basically they have a new design to the backing plate, which doesnt allow them to get hung up. it was one of the rivets on the plate that was the issue IIRC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts