GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 gmc sle 4x4,the aluminum wheels have been neglected for years by the previous owner.Is there any way to bring them back to there former glory without taking them to a wheel shop.I would appreciate some imput and ideas from you guys,,being the experts that you are . thanks Rob

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Are they factory "aluminum" wheels or aftermarket wheels? Factory wheels typically have a clear coat on them so they might just be able to be cleaned with a good cleaner if the clear coat is not damaged. If they are bare aluminum you might be able to just polish them, if they are damaged you can repair aluminum wheels with some sanding and polishing (budrun has done this on here with a set of welds). Lets see a pic first so we know what were dealing with.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply,they are factory alums,how would you tell if there is a clear coat? pix to follow.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
if they're factory then they're almost certainly clear coated, in which case you can polish them using the same products/methods you'd use to fix paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts