GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so third time of me typing this....
my lights are screwed up...i sanded the whole light with 200 grit sand paper..then i sanded it with 400 then 800...sprayed a coat but saw some light spots that looked rougher...so i thought it wasnt smooth enough so i sand over them with 400 then 800 again...then spray another coat(this time a little closer...maybe 10 inches away) and they are in different spots this time...so i spray 1 more coat(about 7 inches away) and they are still there but kinda in different spots...the lights are pretty dark right now...but what should i do? any ideas what happend? and if i clear coat them...will it go away??

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
u can see them on these pictures along the left side mostly....oh yeah and the tape covering the backup light is still on...so im not just a freak :)
i think perhaps it was the way i sprayed them? im not really too sure but i wish it would go away...when i clear coat them will it clear that up any?
fullight.gif

faraway.gif

closeup.gif

whitemarks.gif

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2nd light has turned out almost perfect...wtf?
i guess i had just really fked up on sanding the first one, didnt take enough time on them and such...i have 2 coats on this 2nd light...tell me if u think i should go darker or be done with this...
good2nd.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts