GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck to the exhaust shop to put the stock muffler back on it.
While the truck was on the rack I was looking at the bumpstops in the rear.
The driver's side bumpstop was completely pressed down against the base, where the passenger side bumpstop was not even close to touching the base, I could slide more than one hand underneath between the bumpstop and the base. So now I see physical proof that the truck has a massive lean.
I wrecked it and ever since then it's been leaning. What do you guys think it could be? I'm thinking between a not so big deal bent lowering spring, control arm on the drivers side to worst case bent frame. What do you guys think?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
have u wrecked urs bcubed?
No, not other than a girl hitting my back bumper and it wasn't that hard a hit. I think it's just normal to lean, I've heard it refered to as the chevy lean :anitoof: My front passenger side is higher than my drivers side (even with bags), I think it may have to do with the back. Even if I put more air in the passenger side it still wants to have that lean. It's not noticeable at all though unless you have a tape measure in hand.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Hey Santiago, tell em what kind of rear drop you have :read: AIM :read: Maybe once you replace that you'll be fine, also with the amount of drop you want.
Yeah yeah, I have a AIM rear drop too, I got it before I found this list :nono:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Santiago,
I have a pair of Belltech hangers that my cousin finally found (about a week ago) that we had taken out of my truck. Just letting you know in case you want to replace that AIM stuff you have on yours. I live not too far from your house (maybe 5 minutes). You said you lived on Edgebrook, right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
groundscraper said:
Santiago,
I have a pair of Belltech hangers that my cousin finally found (about a week ago) that we had taken out of my truck. Just letting you know in case you want to replace that AIM stuff you have on yours. I live not too far from your house (maybe 5 minutes). You said you lived on Edgebrook, right?
Yea I live off Edgebrook, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy a 4/6 drop for the truck. I was into racing, but I kinda lost interest for that, so i'm going to go lower with the truck. If anything changes and you still have them around and I change my mind, I'll let you know.

Thanks bro,
Santiago

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
DeToN8TeD said:
Yea I live off Edgebrook, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy a 4/6 drop for the truck. I was into racing, but I kinda lost interest for that, so i'm going to go lower with the truck. If anything changes and you still have them around and I change my mind, I'll let you know.

Thanks bro,
Santiago
Good choice on the 4/6.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THAT ISSUE I ALWAY THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE GAS TANK (ALL THE EXTRA WEIGHT) BUT I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT. :nutkick:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts