GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Here a few pics of things I've been up to with my Silverado. I was trying to sell it, but didn't get any reasonable offers so I decided to keep the truck and fix all the little issues and quirks.

I recently hurt my PerformaBuilt Level 2 4L60E, it was a fluid flow problem. Either a clogged cooler/line or something in the pump. But it grenaded pretty good. The trans is getting rebuilt by a local builder.

IMG_0114.jpg

0524111556a.jpg

0524111556.jpg

0524111558.jpg

Ran new cooler lines and flushed the hayden 405 8 row cooler in front of the radiator. The tru-cool in the bumber cover is no longer in use.

0520111729a.jpg

While the trans was getting removed, the truck had a parking brake fail that rolled my truck down a hill and into a fence. It hurt the bed, wich was in rough shape anyways. So I removed the bed for the time being.

0417111222.jpg

0419111356.jpg

While the bed was off I decided to fix a few things and clean up a few things on the back half of the frame. Including moving the fuel cell from in the bed behind the cab to behind the axle between the frame.

0521111408.jpg

0523110910.jpg

0521111501.jpg

0525111004.jpg

0525111019a.jpg

0523110827a.jpg

Still a work in progress.

I also decided to repaint those sun faded & peeling side mirrors and door handle buckets.

0522111618.jpg

Still, also, a work in progress.

I also decided to move the mufflers further back, in front of the axle instead of under the cab

0520111555a.jpg

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel Cell project completed. And I go pick up the transmission this afternoon, still awaiting the arrival of the torque converter.

FuelCell.jpg

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Neither. :imo

Do Hooker Aerochambers or some Magnaflows. I hate the sound of Flowmasters.

Personally I liked the open H-pipe more than the Flows... if it were me I'd run two Bullets and call it a day.

·
Proud W/T Owner
1,529 Posts
subbing, notice in your sig you raced at speed world, you go their often? your truck is the original truck i saw that got me into wanting to mod my truck.

you still running the 357? do you pass emissions?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The transmission is assembled, the new TC arrived. And It's partially installed back in the truck.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

For those interested in the vacuum modulated shift solenoid, there aren't many pics online of this thing installed. So here ya go.

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

subbing, notice in your sig you raced at speed world, you go their often? your truck is the original truck i saw that got me into wanting to mod my truck.

you still running the 357? do you pass emissions?
Thank you. I rarely get down to the racetrack, especially lately since the truck has been broke more often than not.

I am still running the carbed 357, I have my truck registered in Prescott. There aren't any smog checks, emissions testing in Yavapai County.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why didnt you go back with performabuilt? was your warranty up?
The PerformaBuilt trans burned up to lack of lube flow, thanks to a clog in the TruCool mini-max aux cooler. PerformaBuilt opted to handle the warranty but once I saw the cause of failure I knew it wasn't going to be their problem.... and that's what they'd tell me.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
The PerformaBuilt trans burned up to lack of lube flow, thanks to a clog in the TruCool mini-max aux cooler. PerformaBuilt opted to handle the warranty but once I saw the cause of failure I knew it wasn't going to be their problem.... and that's what they'd tell me.
afaik they should have fixed it any ways... they have taken care of other ppls that have broke.. one guy they replaced his because the converter wasnt shimmed up right and the pump took a dump but they fixed it :shrug:

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
Neither. :imo

Do Hooker Aerochambers or some Magnaflows. I hate the sound of Flowmasters.

Personally I liked the open H-pipe more than the Flows... if it were me I'd run two Bullets and call it a day.
Hooker, loved my Aerochamber on my Trans Am, I have a full CB for a NBS in my garage just sitting there in case I ever bought one:rofljest:

·
Proud W/T Owner
1,529 Posts
Thank you. I rarely get down to the racetrack, especially lately since the truck has been broke more often than not.

I am still running the carbed 357, I have my truck registered in Prescott. There aren't any smog checks, emissions testing in Yavapai County.
lucky. sucks going to emissions, but was kinda funny when the guy told me to pull forward and put it in park. whats your fastest time? should setup some sort of az meet at speed world.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts