GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this becomes a sticky thread.

Thought I'd start a thread about were to mount your air system. Inside the bed or under the bed?

When I bought my truck it had the manual SMC valves and tank under the bed. (Still does for now). But I'm putting a hole new accuair system on my truck, and I'm putting it all in the bed. I kind of know why some people like putting it under the bed, like it's out of the way, keeps the bed clean, and no one can mess with it. And I know that all the components are designed to go under the body and they can handle the weather, but I think that you should you to keep out as much out of the elements as you can.

So that's why I'm putting it all in the bed. As for the security resone I don't plan on leaving it in bad areas a lot. And if I do, I am making a panel to cover the setup. And for the idea of keeping the bed clean our clear, I don't plan on hauling anything in this truck, I have a 2001 Silverado if I need haul something.

So please post your opinion and also your pictures of your setups. I will as soon I get mine done.

Here's my old and current setup.

20140428_135631.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't have any pictures of my setup, but its under the bed, nothing pretty. i kept it under the bed so i can put my four wheeler in the truck.

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any pictures of my setup, but its under the bed, nothing pretty. i kept it under the bed so i can put my four wheeler in the truck.

That makes sence.

·
I likez Suspensionz
4,833 Posts
your stuff will be more in the weather than a set up under the bed inside the frame rails, unless you run a bedcover.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
When I go to install my air management it'll be in my flush mounted toolbox, which will covered by a soft tonneau cover. I don't really carry anything big a lot of times so this works for me.

·
94grounddweller
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I go to install my air management it'll be in my flush mounted toolbox, which will covered by a soft tonneau cover. I don't really carry anything big a lot of times so this works for me.
i have all my air management in a toolbox in the bed.
That is were i got the idea for the cover I'm going make. Just wait and see, its going to be a while to get to it. But like i said before I really don't take my truck out in bad weather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts