GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’m in the process of finding the cash for an edc. I want to run the kp 6.5 gallon tanks under the bed behind the axle. How many can i fit back there? 2,3,4? It will just be tanks no valves or anything else. And I do have a byc watts behind my axle also. I would like 4 but not sure if it can be done. Thanks for any help. Pics would be sweet.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
yeah i am with chevyman 2 maybe 3.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 7 gallon tank under my bed behind the KP watts link. Even with out valves it is going to be hard fitting 3 there.
154f.jpg

c8ff.jpg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well maybe 2 is best for me then. Thats still at least 12 gallons, which I have now I don't want to down grade, I want the same amount of air or more.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
you might be able to do 3 of the slim 5 gal. tanks from suicidedoors.com. I built a rack under my bed that is holding 2 of them, along with my 2 compressors. Without the compressors, I could fit another one in there. That would give you 15 gal. of air.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True true that could be an option. Thanks for the input. Plus on my truck the cross member that is holding your relays in gone and replaced with dom from my brigde kit. But I do still have the furtest back crossmember where the wiring connector is. So we shall see. Im going to go out and measure it all out today at lunch.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Here's mine on my OBS. 1 kp 6.5 gal tank... I might add another one in that open space on the other side of the compresors.
1-3.jpg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I think 2 will kit. I don't have those shock mounts also not going to have compressors back there. I need to measure it all out at lunch and knowing me draw it all on solidworks for a visual.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my tank is from a Kenworth dealer. You can get the same tank KP sells with the tab on the end at a Semi parts house. They are very common on trailers many, many different shapes and sizes.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
in my 2002 silverado I had 3 air tanks under the bed behind the axle with a kp 6 link. I used the fbi mini ones 6 gallon each real close to the rollpan but it all fit in there mad air supply with the edc I ran I could hit switches for a good minute before I needed to reair!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok guys I got my edc ordered and also ordered 2 slim 5 gallon 7 port tanks from gravity-werx.com. Should I keep my 1 good 460 as a backup to the edc or just get rid of it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts