GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone's had any eperience with the plastic Undercover.

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

I need a bed cover for keeping my stiff dry when I travel. I'm tossing around the idea of either this, or a tri-fold soft cover. I like the idea of being able to lock it to keep everything safe. I had a fiberglass tonneau cover on my last truck, but there too much work to remove is you need to haul something big.

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
I've seen tons of them on vehicles down here. I think that no matter what truck they are they are ugly as fuck. Never seen one painted, but I think the texture would make it hard too. The sides overhang on every model at least what looks to be 1 inch. Just big lookin is all. But thats my opinion.

I'm sure they work great though, and I hear they arent that heavy. Arent they like $600 or so?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There around 600 - 650. The fact that they don't look that great is the reason I'm not 100% sold on it.

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
I got a undercover and I'm happy with it. Its pretty light. I'm not 100% sold on the looks either but it does what its built to do and its strong. You can stand in the center and its fine. I want to paint mine but I like putting stuff on it and standing on it so I'm not sure about that. Keeps everything dry, and not too hard to move around.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I had an undercover for about a year. It's a good cover and I got a few compliments on it despite it not matching the truck. I was going to paint it originally but decided just to sell it instead of messing with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's a good bang for your buck cover. Lightweight, easily removable, has a 3 LED bedlight, and you can stand on it. They have just recently made a change in the design. There is a new hinge system at the cab, no more little retaining rings.

Pace Edwards covers are retractable covers. The most popular models are the Jack Rabbit (vinyl coated aluminum) and the Full Metal Jack Rabbit (black powdercoated aluminum). Personally, I think the Full Metal is better looking.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i sell the undercover and the roll ups as well. i like the undercover best just for the security and utility. like mentioned it is easy on and off, its got good weatherstripping, and is pretty durable construction wise. i like the full metal jacket as well, but the roll up covers arent very watertight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone have a picture of there truck with the undercover on it (preferably closed). I’ve seen a Ford around town and it looks like it’s 2” to long.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
Those are great covers! They look good :imo I installed quite a few and they are the best fitting cover that i have come across.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Y2KSierra, actually that doesn't look to bad...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
On your silver truck, I dont think and undercover would look bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts