GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have underdrive pulleys on here? are they worth spending the money and also which ones to buy for the money? and with the pulleys being bigger what belt do i need or is factory fine? and are the pulleys gonna slow down my water pump altenator power steering pump and ac compressor? the only reason why i was looking into them was to take out some if not all of my compressor lag in my truck do they help with this?

·
Registered
756 Posts
bump!

·
Internet Tough Guy
1,014 Posts
from what I've heard/read... cost wise they aren't worth it.

cost to actual gains... there are better bolt ons that get you better gains for slightly more

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kits vary and with each diff manufacturer the pulley sizes vary slighlty. Most pulley kits will come with the NEW belt part# you have to buy. The point of UNDER DIVE pulleys is to SLOW down ur water pump, AC,power steering, and alternator therefore making it easier for the motor to turn these accesories freeing up horsepower...I dont think this will resolve ur ac lag....probably make it worse. The pulleys are actually SMALLER than your factory ones FYI

·
Registered
413 Posts
Kits vary and with each diff manufacturer the pulley sizes vary slighlty. Most pulley kits will come with the NEW belt part# you have to buy. The point of UNDER DIVE pulleys is to SLOW down ur water pump, AC,power steering, and alternator therefore making it easier for the motor to turn these accesories freeing up horsepower...I dont think this will resolve ur ac lag....probably make it worse. The pulleys are actually SMALLER than your factory ones FYI
Pretty sure the pulley would have to be bigger on the accessories to slow them down...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts