GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Nice video Jason!

How did you mount the camera so you wouldnt loose it on the road?

btw. were you able to figure out the noise?

:head:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it posted on pirate right now waiting on some expert opinions. I have some chipped teeth as well so it looks like after Blazer Fest is over in 2 weeks I'm going to be putting new gears in. I've also got a bent axle tube so it looks like a new housing is in order as well, the fun never stops!

Camera was mounted with my friend tape, duct tape.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
that was pretty cool
you should do that and go wheeling
now THAT would be a cool video

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to, I bought the camera on ebay for $4.93 for the soul purpose of that. Blazerfest is in 2 weeks and I'll be running the Mini-Rubicon and the Tank Trap with it under there.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why is that?

I get 14 with 5.13's, 39.5's, and 8300 pounds. To do that I drive like a little old lady 100% of the time. Only reason I was accelerating fast on the video was because I had to get up to a certain speed and drive a certain way to get my rear end to make the noise I'm trying to recreate.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
whoa how did you ge that camera dirt cheap, thats awesome

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do that alot... I go into the digital camera or video camera sections and search for broken, or parts only, etc. Find ones that say stuff like "powers on but does not play back", etc. This one just had the tape door that wouldn't stay shut, some electrical tape fixed it right up. My other one is a Sony digital 8mm camcorder, it was $980 new and I got it for $13.73 plus shipping because it didn't playback. UPS must have been rough with it because when I got it it worked fine, only had a few scratches on it :D . Same way I got my digital still camera. I have 4 video cameras that I got for under $20 each off of ebay. They all work fine, 3 are the non-digitial ones and those are what I'm going to use for the on-rig cameras. Should be fun :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
damn...i might have to try something like that out to get a cheap digi cam...i woudl love to have something like that to use wheelin...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
im no expert on gears, and dont claim to be but to me it sounds like its only happening on slow down leading me to think it could be chips/burrs on the coast side of your teeth? Also is your pinion preload set right? Obvisouly something is wirring that shouldnt be, and im guessing its the r&p.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking it's the pinion, I think the nut may have backed off a bit. Hopefully I can get home soon enough next Sunday to pull it apart and check the preload. Hopefully it's something simple such as that and I'll just redo it with new bearings a new crush sleeve and hopefully all will be well.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
having the removable pinion support will make that a much simpler job than if it was a dana 60 or something!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts