GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do these typically last? Which brand should I consider for replacments when these go...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There are alot of factors that go into the length of time a ujoint will last, like how hard its driven, what its being driven through etc. I replaced my rear one at about 160,000 miles, I think it was original too. Spicer makes good joints.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha, I drive pretty sane I'm not worried about them going just wondering for an FYI to myself for the future is all. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
get a greasable joint when they go. Almost double the price but if u keep them greased they last a shit ton longer as long as your pinion angle is good to go.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Silvlowrdr said:
get a greasable joint when they go. Almost double the price but if u keep them greased they last a shit ton longer as long as your pinion angle is good to go.
i disagree. Greasable joints HAVE to be greased often or they will wear out faster. They CAN last longer with proper care but most people wont do that. I run spider life series sealed joints, they are also stronger because they are not cross drilled for the grease.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If I didn't offroad, I would run greasable. Except, if you are worried about getting water in them, you can always force it out with more grease. Problem is, if you need them to hold alot of torque (like when rockcrawling), they're more prone to breakage because they have holes in them.

EDIT: I thought I hit edit :think:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.