GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for posting about a servo issue when there's a sticky on it, but I haven't had any luck with my question on the other thread. I just put a vette style servo in my truck (04, 4.8l, 2wd, LT's CAI and BlackBear tune) Right after the tune, the shifts from 1-2 were firm, and the 2-3 was quicker than stock but you couldn't exactly feel it in the seat. After the servo install my 1-2 shift is soft again, but the 2-3 shift is noticeably firmer. I took the servo out to compare how I had it assembled to what was in the how-to thread and they match. Is this normal? Am I better off going back with the factory servo? Is that softer 1-2 shift going to be an issue down the road?

Edit: well, nevermind! the casing broke apart right at the snap ring this morning on the way to work. Luckily I was able to get to work, but i'm going to have to call a tow truck to get me back home (with my luck it will be a Ford and I will have to hear that crap from my friends that love their ford trucks). I don't know for certain, but it seems that adding a vette style servo AFTER a custom tune is too much pressure. Does that seem logical, or am I the one who messed up here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts