GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent done jack shit yet other than i talked to Jason at Kat Kustoms yesterday, and he went over some stuff with me as far as SFA goes on my truck. He's taking care of everything. I just need to get my 14bFF and possibly if i can find a dana 44 or 60 high pinion instead of my d44 low pinion by now and June when he goes to work on the truck. After talking to him its made methat much more excited to get shit done. Damn i cant wait :head:

·
2,451 Posts
yea, jason does excellent work, fabed the 4 link for my cousins friend truck,whos name is aaron too. you can talk to him on custom truck showcase.
DSC02533.jpg

heres his truck at the gator drags, more pics are on bnc's website. His work is awesome!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95sfa said:
How big are you going what size tires?
Probably 12" and 44's

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I cant beleive all these huge lifts because in cali 38's are about as big as you can go without getting shit for size.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KoTToN said:
I cant beleive all these huge lifts because in cali 38's are about as big as you can go without getting shit for size.
Well i gurantee i get pulled over

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can go bigger then 38's in cali. I remember seeing one guys custom built F650 that had 46's I beleive. He said he got pulled over alot, but there was a loop hole in the law there. Check the law book.

·
2,451 Posts
That truck is in louisiana, so the only law he had to deal with is headlights. Its perfectly legal. the driver is actually a cop.
the way to get around it in california is to have a commertial truck, such as a f650

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have looked through the laws before and my friend is on the Irvine PD so i had him explain it all to me also. That guy on 46's was blowing smoke up your ass. The tires cant stick out the sides more than 2" and after a certain height you need mudflaps, the middle of your headlights have to be like 52 or 54" inches from the ground, and they also measure your frame but im not sure that that limit is I sure somewhere around 30". Theres probably more than this too.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lifted00Z71 said:
How much is the swap costing you?
Not sure yet. He is supposed to call me with prices here sometime soon

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Smith said:
Probably 12" and 44's
Change that to 10" and 42's. 12" and 44 and puts me over 8ft and then i wont fit it into our shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts