GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since ive been, did quite a few things on the truck and thought i should update. Im super happy with how the truck has changed over the last month or so, subtle things but its really changed the overall "stance" of the truck.

First off, just some cool pics, I mobbed and mashed on the beach, i heart 4 wheel drive
DSCN0169.gif

DSCN0189.gif

Here is a huge update! Cody (McCusomize) hooked me up huge and helped me do my bodywork (read:I watched the master do his work). Came out fuckin awesome, Ive had a dent in that truck for longer than ive owned the truck without a dent, im so pumped to have it pulled out finally. Pulled the dent in the door and cab and then took out the ding and dents throughout the door as well. Sealed the door with rattle can and its goin to paint next weekend hopefully.

DSCN0237.gif

DSCN0238.gif

DSCN0239-1.gif

Snagged a set of 05 tails and had them tinted by a painter in Waco, quality is superb and a great price. Its Red03SilSS on ls1truck for those that are members, hit him up if you need tails done.
DSCN0330.gif

Also mounted up my 37x13.5x17 Toyo MT's and im in love with the new stance and look.
DSCN0337.gif

DSCN0318.gif

DSCN0317.gif

DSCN0335-1.gif

DSCN0339.gif

DSCN0323-1.gif

DSCN0322.gif

Pictures arent just the greatest but its not done yet either, just got the tires mounted up today, i have my AVS shave kit in hand and im shaving my tailgate this weekend, and then the truck is going back to Waco for Red03SilSS to paint the door, and tailgate. Ill keep yall updated and get some final pictures when i get it all painted and clean her up real nice. As for now, im finally rockin 37's and really loving it.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up the 37's for super cheap. (free) Brian and I did a SAS on a yukon and brought home tons of parts in return, I really like the toyos though. The MTZ's are being sold on Saturday. I love the stance though, I know a lot of guys are bigger (like you) but im loving the height where its at, here it is next to a stock Z71

DSCN0343.gif

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I picked up the 37's for super cheap. (free) Brian and I did a SAS on a yukon and brought home tons of parts in return, I really like the toyos though. The MTZ's are being sold on Saturday. I love the stance though, I know a lot of guys are bigger (like you) but im loving the height where its at, here it is next to a stock Z71
i was your height for a while before, remember. baack in the day with my fabtech and bodylift stuffing the 37's

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i remember, i loved it then too, mines stayin where its at for a looong time though. I cant afford to go any bigger :jester: my next major truck project will be a 14 bolt

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
yeah i remember, i loved it then too, mines stayin where its at for a looong time though. I cant afford to go any bigger :jester: my next major truck project will be a 14 bolt
i actually miss that height all the time :mad: it was a perfect height for driving every day :imo

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually miss that height all the time :mad: it was a perfect height for driving every day :imo
I agree, im right at the point where much bigger becomes impractical and I want to keep this as my DD for quite a while.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
agreed on the 37s being perfect. Big enough to set you apart from everyone else but not too big to make it unrealistic.
Looks awesome travis, how is the tread? Curious of where you are at compared to me? You around 47-48"?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure man, ill have to check for you, i should be right in that range though, i was at 46 before and these tires were 4 inches bigger so i should be about 47.5-48. The Toyos are so much bigger than my old tires. And the tread is awesome, almost brand new on the rear and over half on the front, its great.

DSCN0082.gif

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unload your truck lazy ass. :jester:

looks good. how did the toyo's balance?
I dont have room in my garage,a :secret: plus a ton of other peoples shit cuz im too nice to tell people they cant put their shit in my house until the move into their places :crazy:

oh and the toyos balanced great! they are kinda loud though, its weird

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
damn those mtz's are small...looks good, Im a little over 46 so that sounds about right with you having a bodylift and being uncranked

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Looks good dude!

I was wondering what you were gonna do with the MTZ's. I'm not in the market for tires but I'm planning on going 3 inches higher and MTZ's are on my list of 35's im lookin at.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts