GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chassis13.gif

Chassis12.gif

High-temperature ceramic coating on the catalytic converter heat shield.
Chassis7.gif

Everthing is bolted to the frame using zinc plated Grade-8 hardware, except the front Cool-Ride kit. Waiting to be installed (Still waiting on the UPS man) is the following:

73.gif

69.gif

Front and rear disc brake upgrades from Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation and Belltech 3" spindles. More mods. coming soon but they will remain a secret.....:evil:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Damn that thing is looking good man! Keep it up man!!! :rocking: :rocking:

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
so your truck has dual tanks? and you are still planning on using them? wont they hit the ground when you lay out?

the progress looks great tho

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'm gonna ask the stupid question... have you actually driven ur truck since you got it?

looks good.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, everyone.

LowBlue02---I almost had the front X-member sectioned but decided laying LCA is good enough. My goal is to have it ride, handle, and stop w/ the best.

2k1slvrdo---I drove it home and to work once. That's it. The only thing I have kept from the 87' is the frame rails from the backhalf forward. Otherwise, everything else is new or from my first truck.....86' C10. :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OrangeCrush said:
looks great dan, whose camaro is that outside? looks clean

That's my brother's 83' Z28. It is a Special Edition 25th Anniversary car w/ Cross-fire fuel injection, which will soon be replaced w/ a Q-Jet. :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
Thanks, everyone.

LowBlue02---I almost had the front X-member sectioned but decided laying LCA is good enough. My goal is to have it ride, handle, and stop w/ the best.

2k1slvrdo---I drove it home and to work once. That's it. The only thing I have kept from the 87' is the frame rails from the backhalf forward. Otherwise, everything else is new or from my first truck.....86' C10. :D
how many trucks do you have? i guess i've never seen ur old truck... any plans on what the body is gonna look like?

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
That's my brother's 83' Z28. It is a Special Edition 25th Anniversary car w/ Cross-fire fuel injection, which will soon be replaced w/ a Q-Jet. :read:

thats cool, i used to have an 85 Z, is that crossfire anygood?

well most v8s in the 80s werent too sick...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2k1slvrdo said:
how many trucks do you have? i guess i've never seen ur old truck... any plans on what the body is gonna look like?

One truck now. The body and etc. from my 86' is being installed on this(87) frame. Legally, making it an 86' C10 now. Largely shaved and I'm undecided on the paint color(s). :read:

OrangeCrush---CFI is also known as Cease-Fire injection. It's a very restrictive setup bolted to an equally poor intake design. :read:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts