GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

High-temperature ceramic coating on the catalytic converter heat shield.

Everthing is bolted to the frame using zinc plated Grade-8 hardware, except the front Cool-Ride kit. Waiting to be installed (Still waiting on the UPS man) is the following:

Front and rear disc brake upgrades from Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation and Belltech 3" spindles. More mods. coming soon but they will remain a secret.....:evil:

· Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, everyone.

LowBlue02---I almost had the front X-member sectioned but decided laying LCA is good enough. My goal is to have it ride, handle, and stop w/ the best.

2k1slvrdo---I drove it home and to work once. That's it. The only thing I have kept from the 87' is the frame rails from the backhalf forward. Otherwise, everything else is new or from my first truck.....86' C10. :D

· samcarol
11,004 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
Thanks, everyone.

LowBlue02---I almost had the front X-member sectioned but decided laying LCA is good enough. My goal is to have it ride, handle, and stop w/ the best.

2k1slvrdo---I drove it home and to work once. That's it. The only thing I have kept from the 87' is the frame rails from the backhalf forward. Otherwise, everything else is new or from my first truck.....86' C10. :D
how many trucks do you have? i guess i've never seen ur old truck... any plans on what the body is gonna look like?

· Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2k1slvrdo said:
how many trucks do you have? i guess i've never seen ur old truck... any plans on what the body is gonna look like?

One truck now. The body and etc. from my 86' is being installed on this(87) frame. Legally, making it an 86' C10 now. Largely shaved and I'm undecided on the paint color(s). :read:

OrangeCrush---CFI is also known as Cease-Fire injection. It's a very restrictive setup bolted to an equally poor intake design. :read:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.