GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after finding a local place here that does Escalade Clusters and mileage/engine hours transfers, I went ahead and got a Esky cluster. White face gauges with some black. I did put in blue LED's, on the cluster before I installed it. The orange/green look wasn't cutting it. Also updated my stereo while I was at it. I got the new KD-NX5000 from JVC. It's pretty freaking nice. 40GB hard drive, DVD play back, internal navigation run off the HDD. Sirius/XM ready (I have Sirius). All off a 3.5 inch screen. Which isn't as bad as it seems.

Esky Cluster Shots:

JVC:

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Sweet, looks real good...

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1K, which was what I got back in my tax return. So it was an even tradeoff.

Full details on this head unit can be found here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-11Hh2Erm32u/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=KDNX5000&i=105KDNX500

Some of the features are: Bluetooth compatible; rear view camera capable; ipod ready; traffic service; along with the 40 GB hard drive 20 for music and about 20 GB for the navigation maps and points of interest. You can do a search like on a regular GPS unit for banks, restaurants, gas stations, stores, etc..

·
Registered
907 Posts
how much did the esky cluster cost you? was it hard to swap the led's?

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much did the esky cluster cost you? was it hard to swap the led's?
You can probably find it for cheaper, but I didn't want to deal with all the BS of looking for one at a low price then finding a place to do mileage. I paid $299 for mine brand new & an extra $65 for the mileage transfer. So about $390 with taxes. Well worth the hassle free, and I only had to park my truck for 1 day. They gave me free over night shipping. LED's are simple to swap in. You just gotta buy the right parts. There is a "how to" in the tech forum I believe with part #'s. But you just remove the back panel of the cluster, which consist of just using a flat head screw driver or something similar and pushing out some tabs. Then you twist off the lights in there and twist in the led's. 194 LED's with twist locks is what your looking for. I think I spent like $25 for all of them with connectors. Don't remember exactly. Cheap mod and very easy to do.

Thread: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24726&highlight=cluster+LED+swap

how much did they charge you?
Info is above.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Awesome. That's a sweet h/u.

·
Registered
348 Posts
what was the name of the place that did the mileage for ya? are they in so cal?
I think the place where he bought it had the mileage adjusted for the additional fee. They probably sent it out to have done. It would be great if they told him where they have it done. Been looking for someone who does this myself.

·
Registered
348 Posts
1K, which was what I got back in my tax return. So it was an even tradeoff.

Full details on this head unit can be found here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-11Hh2Erm32u/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=KDNX5000&i=105KDNX500

Some of the features are: Bluetooth compatible; rear view camera capable; ipod ready; traffic service; along with the 40 GB hard drive 20 for music and about 20 GB for the navigation maps and points of interest. You can do a search like on a regular GPS unit for banks, restaurants, gas stations, stores, etc..
That's a nice setup. I found same units on Ebay for an average of $650 plus shipping. Might have to consider one someday down the road. Had GPS on each of my Acura's and they do come in handy.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
love that headunit, buddy of mine has one in his r/t dakota and his durango....their pimp as shit, great purchase!

Dave

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The place is called http://www.electrasource.com/servlet/StoreFront. They are on E-Bay and was how I found them. They are out of Riverside CA, but I'm not sure if they did the programming themselves. I think they did, as I ordered them faxed them over the paperwork Monday morning. Emailed them, and had the GM dealer approve the mileage. By 12pm I had ordered them, and I got the cluster at 9am Tuesday morning. I was happy!

The head unit was just released last month. About February 22nd, but I had heard about it, since late January after reading some articles. The navigation rocks. Has a full search feature for, restaurants, gas stations, hotels, car rentals, and many other things. You can also save the places you like to the HDD.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts